• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester stations. L’pool stations ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
You may laugh but how many threads do we see on here asking about the validity of 'London Terminals' and where they can actually go to? Seems to make it quite clear to the passenger does it not?

The Rail Delivery Group says that "London Terminals" is "jargon" and "passenger unfriendly".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sheff1

Established Member
So a passenger travelling with a return from Liverpool to Manchester would not longer have the choice of returning from either Manchester Piccadilly or Manchester Victoria? They'd have to decide beforehand from which station they want to travel to and come back from? Bonkers.

No the destination will be something like Manchester Vic, Oxf Rd or Picc

Yes group stations are very much being phased out not renamed

Posts 2 & 3 here cannot both be correct ... so which one is ?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Posts 2 & 3 here cannot both be correct ... so which one is ?
AIUI what is being said here is that the term “xxx stations” is being phased out.
An example near me is that the previous “Portsmouth Stations” now gets printed as “Portsmouth Harbour or Portsmouth and Southsea” (abbreviated in reality) instead. Exactly the same validity as before. The difficulty is where you have too many options to fit on a ticket...

Llandudno

Established Member
AIUI what is being said here is that the term “xxx stations” is being phased out.
An example near me is that the previous “Portsmouth Stations” now gets printed as “Portsmouth Harbour or Portsmouth and Southsea” (abbreviated in reality) instead. Exactly the same validity as before. The difficulty is where you have too many options to fit on a ticket...
Now I know why they started issuing tickets on toilet rolls....!

Status
Not open for further replies.