• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester to glasgow tpe express 1st class

Status
Not open for further replies.

basfordlad

Am doing this route at lunch time on Monday with a friend as we fancied a trip out.

Got some decent priced 1St class tickets. Used their 1St class service on manc to Leeds which I liked.

What's it like on these trains ? Are they 110mph or 125 mph? Is the 1St class service the same as on their other routes ? I know it's not like virgin 1st class but will still be nice :)

Next day we are doing Glasgow down to Glasgow on east coast. Does anyone know when they serve brekky from on this train ? (It's the 6.50 one)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
If on a 350 it will be 110mph max, looks nice 2+1 seating.

I assume you mean Glasgow to Kings Cross on that early morning departure?

snail

Established Member
I thought they were still timed for 100mph because 185s occasionally substitute if a unit fails.

First class seating is ok. Catering so so. You'll get instant coffee, water and some kind of snack but usually nothing substantial these days.

basfordlad

I assume you mean Glasgow to Kings Cross on that early morning departure?

Yes the one down to kings cross we are getting of at doncaster.

As an aside can anyone tell me what the permitted routes from Donny to Langley mill are ?

Am I right in thinking I can go via Newark Or not

TC60054

I thought they were still timed for 100mph because 185s occasionally substitute if a unit fails.

They are, but they're all still pathed for a 350, and when a 350 is working those services then they're able to run at 110mph - why wouldn't they be able to?

basfordlad

Used this today and found the tpe service really good, nice service from host.

Ride was very comfortable n I liked the trains. Found the ride quality at top speed really smooth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.