• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Trainee Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen306

Afternoon all, has anyone heard anything more regarding their application? My account still says application in process, but it's been much longer than the two weeks they mentioned on the update email.

My Application still says application in process too, Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
From experience of applications I've submitted to Northern it can take over a month before you get any sort of update once the closing date has passed. It's all a game of patience in the railway world!!!

C J

Leyland155

From experience of applications I've submitted to Northern it can take over a month before you get any sort of update once the closing date has passed. It's all a game of patience in the railway world!!!

C J

That's good to bear in mind :) And from what I remember, the application said that training wouldn't begin until January so perhaps they're not in any rush!

Wailray

So I got an email this afternoon saying thanks but no thanks... End of process for me . No feedback given but I felt my application was pretty strong so would like to know where it/i i can improve. Guessing game really!

Anyone else hear anything? Best of luck!

LimaLlama

So I got an email this afternoon saying thanks but no thanks... End of process for me . No feedback given but I felt my application was pretty strong so would like to know where it/i i can improve. Guessing game really!

Anyone else hear anything? Best of luck!

Sorry to hear that mate. I thought things were stalling to be honest after hearing of all this talk in the news about potential renationalising?

1StopBeyond

Hi,

I applied for this position and had the email on 21/09 saying give us a couple more weeks, but I’ve not heard anything since and DB portal still says application in process. Just wondering if anyone has heard back regarding interview/assessments???

owen306

Hi,

I applied for this position and had the email on 21/09 saying give us a couple more weeks, but I’ve not heard anything since and DB portal still says application in process. Just wondering if anyone has heard back regarding interview/assessments???
Hi, my application still says in process, I rang HR the other day and was told my application has been short listed. I presume yours might be the same?.

LimaLlama

Hi, my application still says in process, I rang HR the other day and was told my application has been short listed. I presume yours might be the same?.

Don't suppose you mind sharing this number at all? I wouldnt mind giving them a call myself. Thanks.

1StopBeyond

Thanks for the reply, and that does sound promising hopefully it is the same for me!! Did they by any chance tell you when interviews will be or when they will next contact you??

owen306

Thanks for the reply, and that does sound promising hopefully it is the same for me!! Did they by any chance tell you when interviews will be or when they will next contact you??
You are welcome...no they just said I had been shortlisted to the panel and to keep checking my emails. I hope its the same for you. Goodluck.

1StopBeyond

Just noticed they are advertising for Trainee drivers in Manchester again. I think it’s a bit strange as there seems to be a fair few people that haven’t heard back from the last time it was advertised, me included.

Junkles

Just noticed they are advertising for Trainee drivers in Manchester again. I think it’s a bit strange as there seems to be a fair few people that haven’t heard back from the last time it was advertised, me included.

I got in touch with them before and they told me that aslong as you still have a live application you will still be put in for consideration of the role. I did notice that when I applied this was for a possible February start, that listing now has many different starting months. So it must be a case of getting a certain number of applications in.

Louby

this is just the first hurdle, they have to allow for people to progress or fail the next 3 stages,

Status
Not open for further replies.