• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manoeuvre Maintainer GWR 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh*n

Hello.
Has anyone applied for a manoeuvre maintainer with GWR recently?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sh*n

Any information regarding the job, salary and assessment would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Jusst23

Hi, I also applied for this role and I think the closing date was 9/10th september. I did a couple of “tests” online, the last one being a timed assessment. Havent heard anything back as yet-will this process be fairly slow? I was also interested in what the shifts would be as its only part time?
Thanks

Jusst23

Had email saying they are checking previous testing results and waiting for assessment centre dates.

Sh*n

Had email saying they are checking previous testing results and waiting for assessment centre dates.
Hi,
I’ve received the same email yesterday.
Not sure if that means we’re selected for the assessments though?

tgrb

Just out of interest what is the post. A bit of googling hasn’t thrown much light on the subject

Jusst23

Its like a shunt/depot driver as thats how they described it in the job description. Still have to go through all the assessments by the looks of it just like a mainline driver.

FGW_DID

Established Member
Basically a depot driver but confined to Reading TCD. This is what I wrote in reply to somebody else who asked similar:

For the Manoevre role at Reading, you will undertake exactly the same assessments as anybody applying for a trainee train driver position (plenty of info & help available on this forum). However it’s not an automatic stepping stone to Mainline Driver, Qualified Manos who wish to take that route still have to apply for trainee driver positions!

The role itself is basically the movement of units within Reading Train Care Depot and the preparation of units for service. The depot is fully signalled with electric points, all controlled by the Train Movement Controller (TMC) from the depot control centre. It’s the TMC you will take all your instructions from.

Traction learnt, at the base level will be Class 16x DMUs (Turbos) and the Class 387 EMUs. There may be opportunity to learn the Class 57 Locos, Class 08 Shunter & in future the Class 769 “tri-mode” units.
All Manos are trained to undertake basic ground Shunter duties, carrying out propelling moves with single vehicles split from a multiple formation for example.
Some of the Manos are trained to an ‘enhanced Shunter” level which enables them to deal with Loco hauled coaching stock (Sleeper stock) both at the depot and if required, up at Reading Stn.

For the full time Manos there are two links, a 9 person link who work predominantly days and lates, it’s this crew who tend to be “multi-traction” as they will deal with all the Sleeper shunting during the day.

The main 25 person roster work days, lates and nights, the majority will only sign the Turbos & 387s.

Javier Prado

Has anyone completed an assessment day recently? Do you have any resources that would help with the the test or where to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.