• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Map of former suburban lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramboy

Hi all.

I'm doing some general research on suburban lines in Nottingham, mainly for my interest, but also for a possible dissertation title (oh yes, geography is a wide and varied subject), so if anyone has a map of the lines that ran through the city many years ago, or a link to one, I'd be grateful if you'd send me a scan/link whatever!

I know general routing...from Weekday Cross-Victoria-Carrington-Daybrook and the like, I'd just like to see a map of what was the GCR in Nottingham!

Cheers

Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

There is an excellent book I purchased recently in Waterstones by Geoffrey Kingscott called Lost Railways of Nottinghamshire it has maps, information and of course pictures of present day and of the former years in use with British Railways. Just had a look on Amazon.co.uk seems to be retailing at £6.56 - a bargain and well worth it, I'd recommend you purchase that Dave.

Contains Midland Railway, Great Central and GNR through Nottinghamshire

Status
Not open for further replies.