• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

March Mainline Steam | 35028 Clan Line | 34067 Tangmere | 60163 Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Z88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HYxgQDVt6c

05/03 - 23/03 - I see myself having a very busy month for steam tours. Starting off with 60163 Tornado on a 5Z60 Southall to Southall via Melksham test run, follwed by Tornado again, captured at Westbury on 1Z60. I then see 35028 Clan Line on the 1Z95 VSOE to Bristol. Follwed by Clan Line doing a very unexpected cover for Tornado on 1Z62/3 Acton - Bristol & return train. I was rather happy to see her working the GWML, on somthing other than the VSOE, but I wasn't so pleased about the awful weather. Next I saw Tornado 1Z63, working the same train as Clan Line had covered for a week previous.

Finally, closing the month of steam off, was 34067 Tangmere on The Mayflower. Being stopped outside Westbury due to two Class 15X units holding ther line up for her. Once they left, she made a spirited approach and sailed past with 57601 Idleing at the rear. All in all it's been a good month for mainline steam. This will probably be the best month this year, as alot of trains are being cancelled. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.