• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Marseille Local Transport 16/17 March

wellhouse

We are staying in Marseille on the night of Saturday 16th March (en route from Genoa to Paris). When I search for public transport routes to and from Hotel Le Corbusier, both on Google Maps and the RTM Route Planner, instead of the approcximately 20 minute journey by Metro M2 and Bus currently offered, when I check the dates we are there, I am offered an extraordinarily circuitous route involving RER and Bus, taking about 1 hour 20 minutes.

I have found no information on the cause; is there a local transport strike, or some major event taking place? If it's a strike, we can probably manage by taxi, but if there is a major event, we may need to change hotel; we're on the 0903 TGV from Marseille to Paris on the Sunday morning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nwales58

Edit: Look at timetables by line. They are only for the next 2 weeks.

So I would expect to see the timetable for 17/03 by 04/03.

Note that area is on school (skiing) holidays until 10/03 so current times are for the non-school period although that normally only affects weekdays.

FWIW, if it was me, as it's France and overnight before a TGV and possibly Eurostar connection, I would book something within walking distance of Saint-Charles for peace of mind.

Last edited:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Trams in Marseille are pretty efficient, and safe enough despite some of the city's reputation.

wellhouse

So it seems that timetables for Marseille Bus & Metro are published only at relatively short notice.

We kept our booking for Hotel Le Corbusier, and Bus & Metro connections with St Charles were both fine on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.