• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Marsh Barton (Exeter) Brunel industrial estate (Newton Abbot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

longylong

Hi

I have recently learned of lines that led into both industrial estates back in the day and wondered if there were any pictures anyone had just out of interest as I have lived close to both estates in the past.

The marsh Barton estate seemed to have had a junction off the Teign valley line and the Brunel estate looks like it ran in from the old sidings by Newton abbot train station.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
At Newton Abbot, the Brunel industrial estate seems to have been built on the site of the former large engine shed that once existed on that side of the station. I don't know if any connections were left into the site; it's possible, but the railway was starting to cut back on individual wagon loads by then, so may not have thought it worth while?
I recall reading that the Newton Abbot library has now has a large railway collection which is available for research; might be worth seeing if they can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.