• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mass brawl on Shoreham railway track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroland

Established Member
MORE than 25 women were involved in a mass brawl just inches from live railway tracks.
The punch-up between two rival teenage gangs, one of which was travelling to a nearby fun fair, left two girls needing hospital treatment.

Police say some of those involved used snooker balls wrapped inside socks to club their opponents around the head.

Other items which could have been used as weapons were also discovered littered around the area and on the rail tracks in the aftermath of the brawl.

http://www.shorehamherald.co.uk/shoreham-news/Mass-brawl-on-railway-track.3993698.jp

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Wonder how the media would have handled it if a few of them had been cut down by a train or electrocuted? Poor, sweet little girls....

djw1981

Established Member
It would have rid the world of a few nedettes if a train had come by.........

momentum

Nothing unusual for the area.

I used to live not far from there until around 7 years ago.

Allways trouble on that line between Brighton and Littlehampton.

Far worse has happened believe me.

Its known locally as The Coastway "wild" West line.

I wouldnt travel along the route at certain times of day for fear of my own safety and wellbeing.

Have they?????????????????

someone has never visited Brighton :lol:

to be fair when fighting I don't think they would have realised they were next to an electrified rail.

but I was shocked to hear 2 girls ended up in hospital, that's brutal. If you're going to have a fight it's got to be fair, oh well...

richa2002

Established Member
Descendingsadly wrote...........

someone has never visited Brighton

What exactly is that implying?
That you're not aware that Brighton has a high proportion of gay people. One possible reason is that you've never visited it.

momentum

That you're not aware that Brighton has a high proportion of gay people. One possible reason is that you've never visited it.

Oh god?

Homophobia.

Bet you wouldnt be saying that if it was just women and girls all living together in the Brighton area, most of them live in a road called Dyke Street I believe, while most of the men live in Queens Road.

Its not just Brighton that has a so called stereotyped Gay community, most parts of the uk now have one.

will1337

Not arguing it's a negative thing whatsoever. It's apparent we live in an overly heterosexual world and there seems far too much homophobia. Having strong gay communities can only help further their cause and presence in society.

Phoenix

Established Member
Well i could just imagine it mass brawl raging near the track and a 66 comes by and they all stop fighting and decide to trash it well played only joking their only semi bad.

Metroland

Established Member
I can't actually believe this thread has turned into a discussion about homophobia and racism.

Serious sense of humour by-pass.

Nothing was implied other that it doesn't seem that some of the 'ladies' in Brighton, are, well, ladies and a link with the percentage of gay people in Brighton was made. There's nothing more to it than that. There's nothing homophobic about it and anyone that thinks there is should check out some of the comments I made a few weeks back.

I think some people seek to be offended. People that know some of the company I keep must be laughing their socks off.

Coxster

Established Member
'Riots' among football fans broke out at Newcastle today on both the platforms and the tracks, resulting in the station being closed for a short while and trains standing on the approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.