• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Massive VTWC tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxy321

Five of us are heading to London in May with the seat sale from VT. All is good.

I've printed the tickets out and each one is on a sheet of A4 paper. My question is, how much of the blurb and white space can I hack off and still be left with valid tickets, as I won't be taking a lever-arch binder round the science museum for the day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
If it is with VTWC you can log into your account and get them to display through Apple Wallet, or through the App.

boxy321

The tickets are 2" wide but 11" long! I use my season through barriers every day but these things are going to be fun. Half of the ticket is pointless T's & C's but a reference number is right at the bottom.

What's the minimum size you can print them for example?

boxy321

If it is with VTWC you can log into your account and get them to display through Apple Wallet, or through the App.
Trouble is, how do you persuade a bunch of rare train travellers to install and sign in to an app just for one return journey?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Trouble is, how do you persuade a bunch of rare train travellers to install and sign in to an app just for one return journey?

You don't. You should be able to access all the tickets through your own app. This is assuming you purchased each one, as you appear to have all the tickets.

Either that or just fold them up and put them in your wallet.

FQTV

The tickets are 2" wide but 11" long! I use my season through barriers every day but these things are going to be fun. Half of the ticket is pointless T's & C's but a reference number is right at the bottom.

What's the minimum size you can print them for example?

They'll be tickets like this:

VT ET.png

Automated barriers will only need to see the barcode at the top, and indeed the Apple Wallet version will show little more than that.

However, if you're showing a printed version to a human, it's to be expected that they will want to see a whole ticket, not an edited version, in just the same way that they may turn an orange ticket over to check that it has a mag-stripe etc., and hasn't come off a photocopier.

With that in mind, you can cut all the grey shaded area off and what you're left with, folded into thirds, will take up precious little more space than a tradition orange cardboard ticket.

alistairlees

Established Member
Five of us are heading to London in May with the seat sale from VT. All is good.

I've printed the tickets out and each one is on a sheet of A4 paper. My question is, how much of the blurb and white space can I hack off and still be left with valid tickets, as I won't be taking a lever-arch binder round the science museum for the day?

These are eTickets. That means they come in two forms - PDF and pkpass. Both have the same information and either can be used to travel with. If you and your friends have an iPhone or an Android phone then you can each have your own ticket (I assume two in fact - one for each direction of travel as these are Advance tickets?) on your phone. They are easy to share and work in the same way as a typical airline barcode ticket.

You don't need any app to do this. Your tickets should have been emailed to you as attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.