• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

McGill's Bus Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
McGill's have taken or are in the process of taking delivery of the next generation Mercedes Citaro, and in a change to the usual orange LED display, they've went for a white display.

Am I right in thinking, they are the first operator in Scotland to take delivery of them?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gingerheid

Established Member
Nice buses, but I'm lost as to why you'd make a feature out the wheel arch. Seems like making a feature out the gutters on your house...

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Is that the Derby / Leicester skylink? I had heard it was due new buses. I think they were still using their old Eclipses when I was at EMA last week

Yes - I believe they are using the older Scanias alongside the new Citaros.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Yes - I believe they are using the older Scanias alongside the new Citaros.

Surely they're Volvos (with Plaxton Centro bodies) ? - some are still needed as the frequency was increased after the Citaros were ordered. There are 3 Scania s being prepared to replace them.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'd been told that the Scanias were already in service?

I'm not as up to date with fleet movements at Wellglade as I used to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.