• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medical - eyesight standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

posh

Hi all,

I have just had an eye test at the opticians today and now really worried about a medical for train driver (If and when I get called for a medical). I took the issue 4 medical fitness requirements for the eyesight element and every guidance on the sheet is fine for me, including colour vision...except the unaided corrected vision in the weaker eye. With my corrected vision (glasses on) I can read the bottom line of the snellen test no problem and I have absolutely no problems with my vision. However my aided vision in weaker eye only (my lazy left eye) on its own is border line and not really great at the 0.5 6/12 snellen standard.

I know it clearly states in the guidance 6/12 in the weaker eye but just wondering if anyone has had, or knows anyone who has had this experience before. Will it be a straight fail at medical or is at at the discrepency of the doctor/optician/medical person? On paper it doesnt look great and i am now fearing the worse - but because my aided eyesight in both eyes is fine and everything else e.g sensitivty to light, colour, etc is fine...will it make a difference? :(

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.