• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medical results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul 1980

Hi can anyone who has attended a medical recently with Medigold please give me some idea as to how long it took to get the results through. I had mine on the 9th and still waiting to hear back. Is this standard? TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewis H

I didnt have a medical with them, but when I went for my medical, i found out there and then and was given a sheet with the results of the various tests they did!

Paul 1980

I passed the main part but i was wondering about the samples that were being sent away. Thanks for your reply though Lewis.

Highlandspring

Established Member
Drug and alcohol testing always requires urine samples to be sent away for analysis as the tests for illicit substances require laboratory facilities. You should have had to pick the sample bottle you wished to use, observed it being opened from the sterile packaging in your presence, watched it being sealed after you’d finished and then countersigned the paperwork and seen the packaging being sealed.

7241N

I am off too medigold tomorrow. I have been advised that the drug and alcohol tests should be back withing 48 hours.

Paul 1980

Yes highland spring all of the above just waiting for the results. I was wondering typical waiting times as the nurse said 5 days and has been just that. Really want this job!

Paulm36

I had my medical with medigold , and I didn't receive any confirmation from them directly about my urine sample. I received confirmation in the form of a contract coming through the door a week or so later.

Paulm36

thanks Paulm I would look forward to one of them.
No probs mate , I know how you feel waiting and waiting , drives you mad . Good luck going forward , hopefully you'll get that contract land on your mat soon .

Trainguy90

from my memory you have to request before the medical if you would like to be notified before your employer/potential employer, otherwise chances are the employer knows already and will let you know if you are successful

7241N

Yeah, it states on my letter that I have to email them to request a copy before the toc gets it. I've just sent an email over to them.

Driver2B

Drug and alcohol testing always requires urine samples to be sent away for analysis as the tests for illicit substances require laboratory facilities. You should have had to pick the sample bottle you wished to use, observed it being opened from the sterile packaging in your presence, watched it being sealed after you’d finished and then countersigned the paperwork and seen the packaging being sealed.

At least one TOC doesn't need to send them away unless they fail their instant screening. This TOC usually gives you a negative within a minute.

I do know that most TOCs send them away though!

Lewis H

I literally had my medical 2 weeks ago and I had my urine sample taken and it was tested there and then and came back clear

7241N

Yeah. On the day I was told I had passed all of it just had to wait for the result of the drug screening via urine sample. Called C2C yesterday and was told I had passed the drug screening too.

hoppy1671

Who are the jobs with regarding medigold medicals if you don't mind me asking. Ive got a medical coming up for West Midlands Trains early March.

Paul 1980

Thanks got email confirmation this afternoon start on the 19th of August in Manchester.cannot wait!

Captain

OK, thanks.
Got mine tomorrow at medigold same as the OP.
Hi ,
Hope you don’t mind me asking but was your medical at the medigold clinic near Fenchchurch street,
Leadenhall road.?
I know medigold have a few Clinics in London, and was looking up best ways to get there.
Hope your training is going well by the way.

Scorpio75

Yeah. On the day I was told I had passed all of it just had to wait for the result of the drug screening via urine sample. Called C2C yesterday and was told I had passed the drug screening too.

Hi,
Congratulations!
I passed everything, waiting for the medical but im not worried about
They already told me that I will start right after the medical.
Could you please help me with some info?
How is the schedule during the training, everyday or Monday - Friday? Mornings/nights?
Thank you

jimfrst

c2c training is based at Shoeburyness depot Classroom is Monday to Friday normally starting around 09:00.
Training in the depot can vary as you need to observe and be trained on arrivals and departures of the trains so this will be a combination of early morning starts or early afternoon shifts. Last few courses didn’t do any training on night shifts but some came in to shadow Shunter drivers to see how the depot works.
May be a couple of Saturday or Sundays if a trainer is available to do a bit of driving in the depot if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.