• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike121

I had my medical today. I hate having my blood pressure done etc... so of course it was high. And the ECG was higher than normal pulse rate.

She said she has passed me fit for duties. But she ticked the ‘refer to GP’ box.

So I am confused does that mean you can start the job... or you have to see GP beforehand.

I am meant to start in a few days!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railweigh

You’re fine to start if you’ve had the box ticked off, just sort the GP yourself. I had to do something similar (still waiting for an appointment actually!).

Last edited:

sw1ller

Established Member
If its medigold, you could walk in there with half a leg and your head falling off and you’d still pass.

Stigy

Established Member
I had my medical today. I hate having my blood pressure done etc... so of course it was high. And the ECG was higher than normal pulse rate.

She said she has passed me fit for duties. But she ticked the ‘refer to GP’ box.

So I am confused does that mean you can start the job... or you have to see GP beforehand.

I am meant to start in a few days!
Great news! If it’s just your pulse rate I wouldn’t worry too much as that’s only a small part of an ECG....not sure how much you are aware of so don’t want to patronise of course. The standard pulse rate for an adult is between 60 and 100bpm. It’s perfectly normal under the pressure to have a slightly elevated bpm. Same with BP.

It would however be a convern if the ECG should an irregularity in your heart rhythm, that’s why they really run this test.

Established Member
If its medigold, you could walk in there with half a leg and your head falling off and you’d still pass.

Don't spoil my illusion. She said I've got 20-20 vision and fit as a fiddle. :p

Narom

I always wonder why they usually take these readings at the start. You're going to be nervous going to a medical, worried they would find something that even you don't know about so your heart rate is probably going to be slightly elevated because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.