• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Memorial Liveries

Jturner98

Hi all,

Trying to find all the trains with remembrance and poppy liveries. So far all I can think of is 91110 and 91111? Is there any others?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
455 869 used to have one of these liveries.

Prior to that, 455 864 carried one as well - but I don't think both were thus liveried simultaneously at any point.

norbitonflyer

Established Member
455 869 used to have one of these liveries.

Prior to that, 455 864 carried one as well - but I don't think both were thus liveried simultaneously at any point.
No, I think the first one was replaced by the second. SWR had a link with the British Legion Poppy factory in Richmond.

The first unit lost its special livery when it was refurbished. It had a single huge poppy covering each door. My wife burst into giggles the first time she saw the doors open on that unit - to her image was more evocative of gynacalogy than remembrance.
455869-Vauxhall-01.jpg

Ianigsy

There was a Class 185 a couple of years ago with vinyls - I think I’m right in saying that at least some of the individuals commemorated were those also remembered in the names of a couple of the LMS Patriot class.

Topological

GWR have one on the 80x, but it will need someone with more knowledge to say which one. It always strikes me as a fine example.