• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Well someone had to do it.....o_O

Seriously that extends to the higher echelons in Prinz Albrecht Strasse as well !!! (where moderation ends and censorship begins - in answer to the question posed in the closed thread :E)

Where will you be .. for me it's Christmas in the West Midlands and New Year in Wales.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes Happy Christmas to all. At home in Cowley for Christmas and probably having a fire and a few drinks in the garden for New Years.

GMT

Have a good time and best wishes for the new year to all. Kentish Christmas for me.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Home (Surrey) for Christmas. Scotland for New Year

Will people even be active on the 25th though? As in on the forum.

Just realised that New Year’s Eve Eve is my joining the forum anniversary!

You lucky lot have had to put up with me for a whole year now haha <D

Merry Christmas Eve :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DanNCL

Established Member
Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone! :D

I'll be spending both at home (Newcastle)

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I'm here in Essen in NW Germany for a couple of days to see my eldest son and his young family. An hour a go, whilst visiting the kitchen to get a drink of water my beautiful 2 and half year old grand daughter heard foot steps and shouted at the top of her little voice "Vater Weihnachten ist hier!!". Of course the little mite was a day early (the main presents are delivered on the 24th) but the commotion for a few minutes was wonderful.

Christmas Day will be spent visiting my dad in Staffordshire and my mum in Derbyshire. New Year will be spent at home with fireworks (cats safely inside the house), family and friends and a large amount of alcohol.

A merry Christmas to all forum members!

Aussie_Rail

Merry Christmas everyone and have a happy new year!!!

I'm hoping Christmas Day won't be like last year.. 40'C+ It was very hot, so hoping for a cooler day this year. No plans at all, most of the family are all overseas so my and my partner will probably go out on the trains as its free travel around Victoria on Christmas Day which will actually be the first time ever I've been able to ride PT on Christmas Day...

The new year ahead will be very exciting, coming to UK in March, very exciting!

SS4

Established Member
I'll be spending Christmas at home in Brum. For new year it'll be my annual test of aeroplane mode.

Seasons Greetings one and all! Will be in Wolves for Xmas but back in Sheffield working for New Year, of which includes being on the Capital's street's this time next Sunday!

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Christmas here in the rural wastelands with one parent, New Year not yet decided - but probably in the rural wastelands with the other parent. :)

telstarbox

Established Member
Merry Christmas to all, and my thoughts in particular are with those putting the finishing touches to the London Bridge project which has been a decade in the making (and all the others working while the rest of us relax).

341o2

Established Member
likewise wishing all members not just a merry, but a peaceful Christmas

Macwomble

Home for me this year. Saving my cash for a trip to Oz, NZ & Fiji next June & July (all things being equal).

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Bromley boy

Established Member
Merry Christmas to all, and my thoughts in particular are with those putting the finishing touches to the London Bridge project which has been a decade in the making (and all the others working while the rest of us relax).

Seconded. Huge respect to the orange army for their efforts over the next few days. I look forward to sampling the fruits of their labours in Jan!

It's back home to the parents for me tomorrow and Boxing Day for the usual family gathering, presents and food.

Merry Christmas to all forum staff and contributors.

fowler9

Established Member
All the very best to you all. I hope you have a great day whatever you get up to and wherever you are. I'll be in work myself so am hoping it is a very boring shift then I'll be off back to my family at 5. Ha ha.

Established Member
vNZKX12l.jpg

Last edited:

Lrd

Established Member
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone! Hope you all have a good one :p

class387

Established Member
Merry Christmas all! <:D<:D<:D

Currently in Beijing, preparing to leave for Tokyo tomorrow. Back in the UK for the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.