• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Class 777 introduction updates

Geeves

Established Member
With no services showing on RTT. Has anyone informed Network Rail?

HBL isn't working but if you track a train in you get the times up :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-03-21-46-24-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-03-21-46-24-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 60
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Well this is an unusual glitch. It’s very disappointing that not only is the first train up there an ECS, the first passenger service runs 10 minutes to make the connection at Sandhills, so I won’t be travelling on it.

Are the 5Qxx workings continued driver training, which will occupy the 2nd platform simultaneously with the passenger services?

LPJOHN

I am slightly confused on what you mean. I have just gone into RTT.

Attachments

• IMG_0156.png
    IMG_0156.png
    559.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6938.png
    IMG_6938.png
    460.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6937.png
    IMG_6937.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 51

Geeves

Established Member
If you search for Kirkby or Wigan and then press on the station for Headbolt Lane in departures you can gain access to the station page

prod_pep

Established Member
The two diagrams on the Kirkby line from tomorrow appear to be fully self-contained, one unit doing the full route to Headbolt Lane all day and the other short workings to Kirkby. I assume just the one 777/1 will be in traffic, with 777/0s (and potentially 507/8s if required) to cover the short workings?

jamesst

The two diagrams on the Kirkby line from tomorrow appear to be fully self-contained, one unit doing the full route to Headbolt Lane all day and the other short workings to Kirkby. I assume just the one 777/1 will be in traffic, with 777/0s (and potentially 507/8s if required) to cover the short workings?
Yep

L401CJF

Established Member
777008 appears to have hit the buffer stop at Rock Ferry bay platform this morning.

I have a photo but unable to share as I don't know the source.

777008 appears to have hit the buffer stop at Rock Ferry bay platform this morning.

I have a photo but unable to share as I don't know the source.

Low speed collision that has caused a fair amount of damage apparently.

If anyone is in the MerseyRailways 2.0 Facebook group, the photo has been posted there.

karlbbb

The damage doesn't look too bad, depending on what the coupler area looks like when they can get it off the buffers. Luckily they still can't run as 8-car so the coupler isn't too important <D

Statto

Established Member
When are Merseyrail going to take the Eurovision wrap off from a couple of the 777s that have it on?

It's bizarre to still see the Eurovision wrap still on the units when Eurovision was nearly 5 months ago.

prod_pep

Established Member
When are Merseyrail going to take the Eurovision wrap off from a couple of the 777s that have it on?

It's bizarre to still see the Eurovision wrap still on the units when Eurovision was nearly 5 months ago.
Indeed, but given this is the operator which had Liverpool 08: European Capital of Culture logos still on trains in 2014, probably not any time soon!

Adam Evans

It's more expensive and slower, so not for everyone.
Not if you buy your ticket from certain stations like West Allerton. It seems to benefit from the Merseytravel subsidy, but is valid on both routes. I've used it many times in the past and not had any problems. And it's only a couple of minutes slower if you're going end to end.

8A Rail

Established Member

There is only one unit that is wrapped in Eurovision livery, being No 777013. A handful of units have a small Eurovision logo near to roof line. Also what harm is it doing, adds abit of colour to the network, otherwise every unit is the same. I'm happy for the livery to remain, remind people of what turned out an excellent event for the people of the area. May be in time, it could revert and by then another unit could / will go into a 'special' livery.

While you are mentioning it, are you directing your thoughts to LNwR and Trans Pennine too regarding Eurovision livery?

childwallblues

Established Member
There is only one unit that is wrapped in Eurovision livery, being No 777013. A handful of units have a small Eurovision logo near to roof line. Also what harm is it doing, adds abit of colour to the network, otherwise every unit is the same. I'm happy for the livery to remain, remind people of what turned out an excellent event for the people of the area. May be in time, it could revert and by then another unit could / will go into a 'special' livery.

While you are mentioning it, are you directing your thoughts to LNwR and Trans Pennine too regarding Eurovision livery?
Well said Doug. The Eurovision logo is on each carriage of all the 777s that I have seen in service. Let us hope that it stays for many years to remind us all of that fantastic week in May.

Also what harm is it doing, adds abit of colour to the network, otherwise every unit is the same. I'm happy for the livery to remain

The livery can stay, it's not the best but it's also not the worst and like you've said it brings a bit of colour to the network, but they need to do something about the lack of visibility out the windows. Especially because of where the information screens are positioned now (not visible from every seat), if you're deaf or hard of hearing it can be very difficult to know where you are - especially at night (and it's not always possible to sit in a seat where the window isn't entirely covered or with a view of the information screens, especially on busy trains)..

Any idea of the 2 units stabled at Rock Ferry? Thanks.
2 in Chesters 001 and 013 today and at least 2 on Wirrals.

Statto

Established Member

Well the Eurovision wrap on 777013 is over the windows making it hard to impossible to see out of the windows without getting eye strain, at least that wrap should be removed.

I do loath any form of wrap when it covers over the windows

8A Rail

Established Member
The livery can stay, it's not the best but it's also not the worst and like you've said it brings a bit of colour to the network, but they need to do something about the lack of visibility out the windows. Especially because of where the information screens are positioned now (not visible from every seat), if you're deaf or hard of hearing it can be very difficult to know where you are - especially at night (and it's not always possible to sit in a seat where the window isn't entirely covered or with a view of the information screens, especially on busy trains)..

Well the Eurovision wrap on 777013 is over the windows making it hard to impossible to see out of the windows without getting eye strain, at least that wrap should be removed.

I do loath any form of wrap when it covers over the windows
I do not disagree about the wrap over the windows, that is just lazy and bad design I'm afraid. If should not happen with any train that 'advertising' goes over the windows. I be happy to provide a very sharp knife and cut off the wrap from around the windows. :lol:

ExRes

Established Member
A couple of pictures today on the RailAdventure GmbH - Aktuelle Sichtung facebook page, at least two more 777s on their way