• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Guard Assessment Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool97

Hey everyone.

I’ve got an assessment day in the hotel in town next week and wondering if anybody has done it in recent years who can give some feedback on what to expect through the day. I’m aware of the selection day will consist of different scenarios plus an interview with a Guards Manager and a member of the HR team.

but wondering what sort of scenario’s they are and how to prepare for them?

many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sky2Rail.LIV

I done one afew months ago, it was in the Novotel in Liverpool.
It's quite relaxed, you will have 2 interviews one with HR and Guard Manager and another with 2 different people. Then a group exercise, were you will have to find out about the person sat next to you and speak about them to the rest of the room.
You will then do a test, which is all about the role of the guard.
Should you be successful then, you will be called back at another time to do official guards tests.
I passed it all, but the 3 month temp contract put me off so declined the offer.
Good Luck.

Liverpool97

Oh really 3 months?
That’s a shame. I’m in a well paid permanent job but just not happy in it and travelling about 400 miles a week so fancied trying my bet at a job I’ve wanted to do. 3 months will put me off too! Did they say what happens at the end of the 3 months in terms of contract extensions or other roles available?
Thanks!

Aivilo

It's not guaranteed but keep your head down, do the job to the best of your ability and you should be ok.

Liverpool 507

You’ll also be expected to complete a psychometric assessment as well. This most commonly the dots test (SCAAT/Group Bourdon test). Have a look online as there’s some great material which will help you practice.

jamesst

Oh really 3 months?
That’s a shame. I’m in a well paid permanent job but just not happy in it and travelling about 400 miles a week so fancied trying my bet at a job I’ve wanted to do. 3 months will put me off too! Did they say what happens at the end of the 3 months in terms of contract extensions or other roles available?
Thanks!

I'd advise you to just go for it.
They've started recruiting for drivers now from temporary guards staff for the first time, you've got nothing to lose.

Liverpool97

Thanks for all your replies! As always going to give it 100% and if I get it I’ll more than Likely accept. Think it’s worth to risk for me

Status
Not open for further replies.