• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail Parking Fines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

packermac

Interesting how I interpreted the OP differently (from years of living in London). To me not parked in the marked bay usually means you had a wheel out of the bay or on the white line. I see the same thing happen here in Swanage where out of town folks will (often with a London dealer sticker on the car) will walk around having parked to make sure the whole vehicle and all the wheels are within the bay markings, often followed by minor readjustment, yet it is not something enforced here by the Town Council in their car parks.

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
None, I am just wondering if there is one. I wouldn't put it past militant Merseyrail to take a "pay this or we'll use the bylaws to take you to court approach."
What purpose would an appeal mechanism serve? If someone feels that they've been unfairly issued a ticket, then as you point out they can be taken to court - where they can argue their position in front of the magistrates. So it's not as if there's no way for someone issued a ticket to argue their point.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
What grounds of appeal are you proposing so that this would matter?

Quite. He clearly did the "crime", so should cough up and not do it again.

Pepipoo.com does, as others have said, offer advice on getting away with paying tickets even if they are legitimately due, but for £30 I'd just cough up, it really isn't worth the time and stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.