• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave09

I was born in 1985 and from an early age 1988/1993 I used to travel a lot to Southport weekly visiting grandparents either from Bootle New Strand or Liverpool Central. I used to know every single section of that specific route and even got to sit in a cab while it was stationed at Liverpool Central (Ormskirk bound). Anyway, last week I purchased a Merseyrail cab ride DVD filmed in 1990 and it arrived today, I've already watched part one - Hunts Cross to Southport and the memories instantly came flooding back..From the old blue and grey livery to the ancient looking stations, etc. It was really fascinating seeing the route from a drivers point of view. Superb!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duffman82

Good Old Merseyrail :D. I remember kirkdale before refurbishment. Man it looked a mess! I hope when they come to Preserve the 507/8 we get one in BR Blue and one in merseyrail yellow.

Ploughman

Established Member
It would be better to get the 503 unit sorted first.
Much more charismatic than the later units.
I used to live near Old Roan station on the Ormskirk line then moved to Southport.
Used to see them most days.
I was on the last train out of Exchange and the first service train into the new underground line on the following monday.
Recent book produced by Johnathan Cadwallader on the Merseyrail Electrics excellent.

507 001

Established Member
No the 502 is in Tebay, the 503 is in coventry.

There is talk of preserving a 507/8 but I doubt it would wear BR blue/grey any time soon

duffman82

Its a shame Coventry isn't a public site, i would love to see the 503 upclose. It's a shame they couldn't be kept on the Merseyrail, static of course but better for them to be at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.