• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseyside Pway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballandclaw

Hello let me introduce myself
My name is mark I am currently employed at Balfour Beatty rail in London but am actively looking for work or opportunities in and around Liverpool I have 14yrs experience in track maintenance and renewals also conductor rail welder MMA7 + oxi Fuel cutting and telehandler

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm presently seeking job opportunities in the railway industry myself and I actually live not far from Liverpool.

From your experience I would suggest maybe Network Rail are your best bet if you are looking to continue with a similar job to what your doing now. Merseyrail are Liverpool's main train operating company but upon checking the Abellio careers pages every week, their job opportunities are very scarse (I think they're one of the UKs smallest TOCs and I get the impression there is very little movement amongst their staff which might explain the lack of opportunity).

Northern regularly advertise numerous vacancies on the careers board - there are sometimes slots in Liverpool and Wigan which might be up your street.

Good luck.

C J

Ballandclaw

Thanks mate !
Unfortunately I find experience means not much today it’s more of not what you know but who you know,
I applied for a job on merseyrail last week got to the (invite pending assessment 2 ) stage for it only to change to application unsuccessful. but I must say am really thankful you took the time to reply to my post top man

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Morning

Just out of curiosity, what was the job you applied for with Merseyrail? They only tend to have the one job advertised at anyone time on the Abellio careers page. The ones advertised since the summer have been what I would class as 'office' based such as accountant or marketing executive. There was an apprentice role advertised about August time.

C J

Status
Not open for further replies.