• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Merseytravel to withdraw off-peak Trio ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

M28361M

Merseytravel have decided to "simplify" their ticketing range by withdrawing the Off-Peak Trio ticket from sale from 30 October 2017. This ticket was available for £441 and covered all buses, trains and ferries within Merseyside. It offered a sizeable saving for any regular travellers who could afford the upfront cost and avoid travel between 0631-0929 or 1601-1759 on weekdays (the cheapest annual Trio is otherwise £637 for one zone).

Tickets purchased before 30 October will remain valid until expiry date. There is a one-off offer for holders of these tickets, who will be able to buy a normal annual all zones Trio for £457 when their current ticket expires, by going to a Merseytravel centre.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/Tickets/compare-tickets/Documents/Withdrawal of Adult Annual Off Peak Trio Customer FAQs.pdf

I'm guessing this "simplification" is possibly a first step to offering Trio on the Walrus card, reducing the number of products that have to be converted.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AntoniC

This is going to annoy a few people that I work with who buy this ticket because they can start their journey to work before the 6.29 am cut off and then catch the 18.01 train/bus home.

It was one hell of a saving on an any type of trio ticket (£457.00 against £637.00/£798.00/£993.00/£1294 depending on the amount of zones you need).

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
This is quite disappointing - I've long thought of "CC-Karten" (as the Germans call them) as a very good thing and that them being offered was very much to Merseytravel's credit. Ideally as many people as possible should have some kind of season ticket - it keeps the cost of ticketing facilities down and discourages driving by offering marginal journeys very cheaply (though admittedly TfL style capping does the same).

Polarbear

Established Member
It's also rather short notice too. I had an e-mail from Merseytravel today, which is only a week before the product is withdrawn.

As AntoniC suggests, it's going to hack off a few people I work with too.

Status
Not open for further replies.