• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink Delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Dyke

Established Member
Just spotted this. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/metrolink-rails-ashes-fans-blast-5586114

Ashes cricket fans were left stranded and delayed after a derailed tram on the Metrolink network sparked travel chaos.

The tram was derailed on its way into the Queens Road depot – blocking the line to Bury.

No passengers were on board when it came off the tracks near the depot between Victoria and Woodlands Road.

The spokesman said: “Apologies to any Metrolink passengers who have been affected by the problems we’ve experienced in the past few days. From several police incidents to problems with infrastructure, it has been a very challenging time.

“If your journey has been affected by any of these incidents, we sincerely apologise.”
The police incident at the Arndale Centre didn't really help the situation either.

Passengers reported delays of more than an hour on?Saturday.

Dan McEvoy tweeted: “Avoided cricket rush, bought ticket and hey presto, Metrolink signal failure.”

Ian Holland wrote: “Service after test match cricket at Old Trafford is embarrassing.”?He added: “No info at Old Trafford. Loads of tourists gone home with very poor experience. I was embarrassed.” Nicola Louise Rowe tweeted: “Lovely day at the Ashes but the Manchester tram system is rubbish.”
To some extent i can agree about the service. I was at Old Trafford a few weeks ago for a T20 match, but there was no increase in the service for fans going to / from the match. Thus some delay, despite the best efforts of Metrolink staff at the station to help with the queues.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Manchester77

Established Member
3056 derailed while entering Queens Road Depot, blocking both the Bury running lines. Next weekend there is no service on the Bry line which is for two reasons in my opinion, the works at Victoria and to tinker with the troublesome points which have caused a few derailments recently, 3 I think.

The incident at the arndale can't really be blamed on metrolink yet the MEN do seem to word everything like its metrolink fault. These suspensions at police request happen quite a lot at the arndale so I wonder if its possible to put some kind of better railing (taller perhaps) so people can't climb over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.