• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink Season Ticket for the whole network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Sheep

I've been doing some research into the cost of and validity of Metrolink season tickets as hopefully by the end of the year my local station (Baguley) will be opened for business (yay!).

My daily commute would be Baguley to West Didsbury and although this selection doesn't yet exist on the Metrolink's ticket selector my current closest station would be either Altrincham or Brooklands and they both quote me £1000 and plugging an example journey of Altrincham to Rochdale into the system returns me with an annual season ticket price of £1,100 so I assumed this extra £100 a year was for the privilege of crossing the city zone.

I also assumed, somewhat naïvely, that it would be similar to London's Tube Season ticket and I would be able to go anywhere on the network.

Now, reading further into the FAQs and T&Cs it seems that this will not be the case and I would be limited to the stations listed (Baguley and West Didsbury).

Is this really the case? Would I spend £1000 a year and only be permitted to jump on a tram freely between these 10 stations?

Or am I looking in the wrong place for my season ticket - is there any way of obtaining a truly "all of Metrolink" season pass so I might mend my merry way to such far flung places as Rochdale and Ashton-Under-Lyne under one ticket?

Any help, advice and illumination greatly appreciated.

Abi

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rail Ranger

There is an "All Zones" Metrolink Annual Season Ticket, which costs £1100. You would need to buy it from a bus station travelshop and you need a passport-type photo for the photocard. You don't need a photocard for a weekly Metrolink season. You can buy weeklies from the ticket machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.