• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metropolitan Line “emergency timetable”

Status
Not open for further replies.

david1212

Established Member
While ' Good Service ' is a simple statement ' Trains are running to ( current working / unpublished to the public ) timetable ' perhaps would be more accurate ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DavyCrocket

Also the TfL website and service status says that there is a Circle running from Hammersmith to Aldgate. This is a total lie. There is no such service at all.
This has meant that Aldgate has had to close a number of times as there has been no Metropolitan line due to staff shortage

AJW12

This analysis from Diamond Geezer is worth a read

Interesting, I had a look at the FOI for this and the status definitions for the Met Line.

From what I can see, I don't think there is a case for claiming that the right status is a "Good Service". Taking the Uxbridge branch, and using the criteria for the branch lines:
  • Headways: Minor Delays requires 2x the normal headway - this is definitely true at Peak Time (4tph now vs 10tph usual, every 15 mins vs every 6). Severe would require 3x
  • % of scheduled trains in service: interestingly for minor delays, it's 75%-85% of the scheduled trains in service. <70% means severe delays. Given it's running at 40% of scheduled trains, it's easy to argue this should be severe delays... but then again, could 'scheduled trains' mean the normal timetable or the 'emergency' one?
Again though, it's just TfL's complete lack of honest communication here. The majority of areas on the Met Line have little/no reasonable alternatives.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 16.06.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 16.06.54.png
    294.6 KB · Views: 32

DavyCrocket

And it’s the dishonesty that is most terrible about this. Then left to staff at stations to help give advice, even though people may have checked before they travel and because of the false truths are told it’s a good service when it is no such service.
At some stations, staff go outside to where arriving cars come to in the hope of directing people straight to other stations.

so much for ‘check before you travel’

Busaholic

Veteran Member
If only Londoners could vote for a Mayor to ensure that correct and up-to-date information was available for passengers.:'(

SynthD

That would be an interesting single issue campaign.

I agree with special meaning enquire/look it up. I just wish they did better with in station posters, maybe even in place of some ads in carriages.

Status
Not open for further replies.