• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MG11 from SWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

alibbass12

Hi mate,

Yes, my personal experience with them was that I was just very honest. I actually went to a pub to have a couple of drinks beforehand to ease the nerves as I was incredibly nervous (not recommending you do this at all but it helped me). You will not have to admit anything, they will have an excel-esque sheet with every single journey you've made with your trainline account, so it's basically impossible to be dishonest. They will group journeys together you've made invalidly, and example of what is said "on the 16/02/2022, 17/02/2022, 18/02/2022, you made the journey to x station with a 16/17 age discount code, do you think there are outstanding fees you owe for these journeys?" and you cannot exactly lie as you can see on their spreadsheet that you've made the journey. They were very nice and professional and not like the typical "bullying bailiffs who aggressively want the money" you might have in your mind , even shared a little joke here and there, (not saying this will be your experience, just letting you know my own experience), at the end you have to reiterate you will never do this again, potentially show intention that you will not make this mistake again, say your career will be over if you cannot settle out of court. Honestly mate, I've been in the same shoes you are in at the moment and I was extremely anxious everyday going to work, feeling like a fool buying valid tickets everyday afterwards thinking "why couldn't i have just done this, rather than just try and save a few pounds" but i'm sure you will be able to sort everything out and get an out-of-court settlement. From what i've seen on this thread, SWR are one of the more reasonable train companies regarding this matter.
mods note - split from this thread:

@lottiepoitl I am glad you managed to settle. I am in a similar situation having been handed an MG11 last week by SWR. I was just wondering how long it took from you being caught to receive a the letter inviting you to interview. Any guidance on timescale between being caught and settling the case would be amazing.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
@lottiepoitl I am glad you managed to settle. I am in a similar situation having been handed an MG11 last week by SWR. I was just wondering how long it took from you being caught to receive a the letter inviting you to interview. Any guidance on timescale between being caught and settling the case would be amazing.

Thanks!

I suggest you start a new thread: no two problems are completely identical and what might be good advice for one poster could cause problems for another. If your real name is similar to the identity you posted under, I suggest you change the latter.

lottiepoitl

Thanks!
Hello mate,

As mentioned above, please start a new thread regarding your case, state when you got caught when you start the thread too please :)

Bedwyn32

Hi mate,

Yes, my personal experience with them was that I was just very honest. I actually went to a pub to have a couple of drinks beforehand to ease the nerves as I was incredibly nervous (not recommending you do this at all but it helped me). You will not have to admit anything, they will have an excel-esque sheet with every single journey you've made with your trainline account, so it's basically impossible to be dishonest. They will group journeys together you've made invalidly, and example of what is said "on the 16/02/2022, 17/02/2022, 18/02/2022, you made the journey to x station with a 16/17 age discount code, do you think there are outstanding fees you owe for these journeys?" and you cannot exactly lie as you can see on their spreadsheet that you've made the journey. They were very nice and professional and not like the typical "bullying bailiffs who aggressively want the money" you might have in your mind , even shared a little joke here and there, (not saying this will be your experience, just letting you know my own experience), at the end you have to reiterate you will never do this again, potentially show intention that you will not make this mistake again, say your career will be over if you cannot settle out of court. Honestly mate, I've been in the same shoes you are in at the moment and I was extremely anxious everyday going to work, feeling like a fool buying valid tickets everyday afterwards thinking "why couldn't i have just done this, rather than just try and save a few pounds" but i'm sure you will be able to sort everything out and get an out-of-court settlement. From what i've seen on this thread, SWR are one of the more reasonable train companies regarding this matter.
The above has just appeared on the SWR internal social media platform called Yammer.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hello mate,

As mentioned above, please start a new thread regarding your case, state when you got caught when you start the thread too please :)
This is now set up as a new thread.
As @Gloster says, no two disputes are the same so yes, always better to start a new thread on your personal situation. :)

Kite159

Veteran Member
The above has just appeared on the SWR internal social media platform called Yammer.

Shows that posters on here need to be careful when putting up personal details because who knows if there will be a member of revenue protection staff watching, who will pass any "confessions" onto the relevant team. Especially if the poster uploads a letter leaving on details which can be used to put 2 & 2 together, potentially turning a potential settlement offer for a "one-off" event to a higher stage (i.e. an invite for an interview).

Status
Not open for further replies.