• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mid-Cheshire Line Post-December 2017 Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Last time I travelled to Chester there was a good connection at Manchester from the EMT from Sheffield into the ATW Llandudno service, which was more comfortable and I think also quicker than changing at Stockport. Unfortunately in the other direction it just misses the EMT service and has a wait of 25min or so for the TPE.

For Chester-Sheffield journey planners recommend Northern to Stockport, then TPE to Sheffield or alternatively Virgin to Stockport (via Crewe) and EMT to Sheffield.

In the other direction they recommend EMT to Stockport and Northern to Chester or TPE to Stockport and Virgin to Chester (via Crewe.) Your suggested option is around 10 minutes longer so journey planners don't suggest it unless you tick to include overtaken trains.

So I think most people will choose the option the journey planner gives with 1 change opposed to 2.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.