• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mid Cheshire line to be redesignated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WatcherZero

Established Member
It unlocks extra funding for community projects and improvements designed to increase ridership and visual appeal (e.g. money for flower planting) as well as formalising the links between the lines user group and franchises and councils.

Usually requirements are high ridership outside a PTE area with a strong and active local user group.

pemma

Veteran Member
A little research shows this page on the DfT website;

http://www.dft.gov.uk/topics/community-rail/

Note that the Mid-Cheshire line is being designated as a Community Rail Service not a Community Rail Line. The regular freight movements and additional peak time services rule it out from it qualifying as a Community Rail Line like lines such as the Penistone Line.

Last edited by a moderator:

CosherB

Established Member
Mid Cheshire line to be redesign acted.

Redesign acted? I got all excited when I read that! A redesigned MCL? Turns out not to be that at all.

In the english language we have a fabulous tool for communication. Why do so many today (and it wasn't like this some years ago) mangle it so and manage to convey a completely different meaning to what was apparently intended? Should we blame the teaching profession? :(

CosherB

Established Member
How much difference one letter c makes.

Plus the splitting of one word into two. Do both simultaneously and a completely different meaning is communicated with no hint of the intended meaning (unlike with a simple typo), hence my confusion on reading the thread.

pemma

Veteran Member
A redesigned MCL? Turns out not to be that at all.

You reminded me of this:
The grey colour of the train station along with the plain, bunker style architecture is a disincentive to visit Congleton. If the buildings cannot be rebuilt it would help to use a different colour, like maroon, to create a more inspiring look.

Flowering plants along the platform and around the station buildings would help. Large posters of Astbury Mere Country Park, the town hall, Congleton streets, the canal along with the park and river would encourage passengers to consider visiting the town.

It would make sense to offer a public shuttle bus service from the town centre to the station so that people using the line could easily visit the town.

http://www.businessfengshui.co.uk/CongletonFengShuiReport.pdf

Redesign acted? I got all excited when I read that! A redesigned MCL? Turns out not to be that at all.

In the english language we have a fabulous tool for communication. Why do so many today (and it wasn't like this some years ago) mangle it so and manage to convey a completely different meaning to what was apparently intended? Should we blame the teaching profession? :(

Technology thinks it knows better than the author and decided to autocorrect my text. By the time I have uploaded the thread it was too late and the Mid Cheshire was being redesign acted!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Technology thinks it knows better than the author and decided to autocorrect my text. By the time I have uploaded the thread it was too late and the Mid Cheshire was being redesign acted!

As you are the thread starter the forum software allows you to go back and edit the title - you need to select 'Go Advanced' though, rather than the basic edit box...

CosherB

Established Member

OK, fair enough. But as someone said, once you see it's wrong there's nothing to stop you editing the post (including the thread heading) to what it should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.