• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mid Norfolk Railway Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge-gn

I note there is a gala on at the MNR this weekend 29/30/31 April. Would anyone happen to know if you are allowed access to the platforms of Dereham station for this event without a travel ticket?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The kids dad

I note there is a gala on at the MNR this weekend 29/30/31 April. Would anyone happen to know if you are allowed access to the platforms of Dereham station for this event without a travel ticket?
Yes you can access the platforms without a ticket of travel, but it will cost you a minimum of a £1 donation for a platform ticket.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

AJM580

News from MNR, due to various operational difficulties there will be no 56 or ROG 37, A DRS loco will work Sat, Sun, Monday Fares £14 for day rover

Trainfan344

Established Member
Mid Norfolk have rotten luck when it comes to galas! They keep booking locos and always seem to be let down. DRS loco sounds interesting, might pop over Saturday if it's known before hand.

AJM580

Mid Norfolk have rotten luck when it comes to galas! They keep booking locos and always seem to be let down. DRS loco sounds interesting, might pop over Saturday if it's known before hand.

Agreed on that score, but MNR twitter account says that DRS locos 57007 & 37424 are booked to run Sat - Mon. These are the "spare" locos at Norwich at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.