• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Middleton Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calderfornian

050491B3-3739-45A9-B8AA-3480A4B5A902.jpeg Visted the hugely fascinating Middleton Railway in Leeds on Saturday for their “Coals to Leeds” event. Loads of engines in steam, silver band, food and model railways! Thoroughly recommended the worlds’ oldest continually operating railway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexl92

Established Member
Pleeeeease post more photos. I live in Leeds but couldn’t get there; all I’ve seen on social media is about 800 photos of Wimblebury on shed, plus a brief glance of Matthew Murray and Slough Estates #5’s temporary guises.

Bedpan

Established Member
Not often that I can recognise something industrial, and I assumed from the picture that I was wrong again until I read your post! I remember going to Slough to help move one of them (No 3 if I recall correctly) to Alresford in around 1975.

Beautiful photo of it BTW.

alexl92

Established Member
If I remember correctly, Slough #3 is now at Embsay, on the Yorkshire Dales Railway.

Bedpan

Established Member
I think it was No 5 which went to Embsay, no 3 is at the Middleton Railway where the photos were taken, although after leaving the Mid Hants it resurfaced some years later at the Swindon and Cricklade Railway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.