• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Miller & Carter: the lettuce- discuss.

LowLevel

Established Member
There was a Three Nuns in Loughborough when I was at college there, and it was universally known as the Six Tits
It's still there, and still is. Tis an Everards house though and the name was an accidental corruption of the original name - the much more common Three Tuns - which then stuck.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trebor79

Established Member
Hawksmoor is pretty good though.

What really gets me is when you pay a fortune for a poor to average meal, which thankfully hasn’t happened to me all that often (the last time was at a well known eatery near Charing Cross).
It was good TBF. However, a steak is a steak is a steak really, and good steak joints quickly head into rip-off territory which, good as it was, is where Hawksmoor is for me. It wasn't really any better than the more modestly priced Le Relais de Venise l'Entrecote. I know it's a different set up but both places had a lively atmosphere and little to distinguish between the food.
Nice as a special one off I guess.

DustyBin

Established Member
It was good TBF. However, a steak is a steak is a steak really, and good steak joints quickly head into rip-off territory which, good as it was, is where Hawksmoor is for me. It wasn't really any better than the more modestly priced Le Relais de Venise l'Entrecote. I know it's a different set up but both places had a lively atmosphere and little to distinguish between the food.
Nice as a special one off I guess.

I know what you mean. I used to like CAU (the more “casual” Gaucho brand for those not familiar) as the steaks were excellent and the prices were very competitive. It’s a shame the business model was flawed. Interestingly, Hawksmoor tried a roughly equivalent concept called Foxlow which also failed.