• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Milton Keynes or Bedford to The Peak District

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom3107

Hi,

I need to get to somewhere in (or near) the peak district tomorrow (Thursday) and come back Saturday evening. This is for 2 adults (1 16-25 card) and we need the cheapest way of getting there from either Milton Keynes or Bedford. We can be tied to specific trains is needs be.

The cheapest we found so far is a LM only SVR from MKC to Kidsgrove and 2 singles from Kidsgrove to Congleton. Can anybody do better than this?

Thanks for any help :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I wouldn't be confident finding the cheapest way of getting from MKC or Bedford to The Peak District, so I won't attempt it. I very much doubt you could find a cheaper walk-on train ticket that beats the LM only fares to Kidsgrove, though it may be possible by coach, Advance tickets or other methods.

However have you tried trainscanbecheaper.info?

The LM Only SVR (Off Peak Return) from MKC to Kidsgrove is priced at £27.00 without a Railcard (£17.80 with) but if you can depart at a time the OPR (Super Off Peak Return) is valid, that would reduce the cost to £18.00 and £11.90, respectively. The OPR restriction for your northbound journey is:

Not valid for travel on
northbound London Midland
services timed to DEPART
London Terminals or any other
station, before 1030.

Not valid for travel on London
Midland services timed to
DEPART any station between
1630 and 1930 in either
direction (except for the 1829
London Euston to Crewe service
) unless a connecting