• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Minature Railway visible from train on the way into York?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
Hi,
When travelling into York from the south side (IE Colton Jct), there is what appears to be a small minature or narrow gauge railway visible on the left hand side, running for a short distance alongside the main line. Can anyone tell me what this is or who owns/operates it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class15

On Moderation
Hi,
When travelling into York from the south side (IE Colton Jct), there is what appears to be a small minature or narrow gauge railway visible on the left hand side, running for a short distance alongside the main line. Can anyone tell me what this is or who owns/operates it?
Have noticed this many, many times.

AM9

Veteran Member
Looking at the map, it seems that there is a miniature railway running in the woods at the south-east corner of Hob Moor. It is about1.5Km before the southern end of Your station platforms.

fgwrich

Established Member
Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Is anyone here involved with this? I may see if I can organise a visit at some point

Llanigraham

On Moderation
The pin takes you to the entrance to their site.
If you go towards railway, where you can just see a red car, and then head north along the track next to the main line you then get to their site.

snowball

Established Member
Network Rail's monthly updates on the recent electrification work between Colton and Church Fenton, often linked from the Transpennine electrification thread, made frequent references to the model railway as a location identifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.