• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Miniature railway in Bute and Millport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am Broc

I was recently reading up on the tramway on the Isle of Bute/Eilean Bhòid and came across the page below on the Museum of Bute Website about a miniature railway in Ettrick Bay, Bute in the 1930s which then closed and moved over to the Isle of Cumbrae/Eilean Chumaraidh and ran for a couple of seasons in Millport in 1946/47.

I'd be really interested to find out if anybody knows where I could find out more about the railway in Millport - where it was and if there are any photos of it or where I might find out more about it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

randyrippley

Established Member
At least two photos exist of it at Ettrick Bay

note that Ettrick Bay also had a narrow gauge tramway

Am Broc

At least two photos exist of it at Ettrick Bay

note that Ettrick Bay also had a narrow gauge tramway
Thanks so much! I knew about the tramway - I actually found out about the mini railway from a booklet about the tramway.

I've only seen one of the pictures of the mini-railway at Ettrick bay before so many thanks for posting them both. I wonder if there are any pictures of the Millport one out there anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.