• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Minimum Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenBell

Several Toc's require you to have a minimum length of service in your current post before you can apply.
I have had two years of service but split across two different depots within the same TOC.

Generally speaking do you think TOC's will accept this as being 2 years service or only accept the time I've been at my most recent depot (6 months).

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Generally speaking, if a TOC wants 2years experience (not usually service) then it doesn’t matter how many depots you’ve worked at, it’s the total that counts. Not many TOCs/FOCs require this though I’ve found.

GreenBell

It's for Qualified Driver vacancies.

Here's an example from a job advert:

"Existing Drivers may not apply until they have occupied their present post for 18 months following completion of all training, including examination and route learning."

When I moved depots we signed different routes so I had 4 weeks of route learning. I'm not quite sure whether this resets the clock or just takes 4 weeks out of my total.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.