• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mirfield to Stockport via Sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Morning all, I'm travelling from Leeds to Stockport today, my normal tickets for this are West Yorks MCard Zone 1-3 + Mirfield to Stockport return.
I'm wondering whether, with the current engineering works, there is an easement that allows travel via Sheffield on a Mirfield to Stockport ticket. I think this was the case during engineering work once a few years ago. I could then travel from Leeds, starting short at Wakefield on the Mirfield-Stockport ticket. What made me think there was an easement in place was I could see Mirfield to Stockport journeys priced the same as the normal route via Huddersfield, but not at the time I wanted to travel.
Grateful for any advice

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Looks OK so long as you (in theory - ie take a screenshot) go on the direct bus from Mirfield to Wakefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.