• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Missed connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris217

Travelled from Maidstone West this evening heading to Bognor Regis.

Changing at Tonbridge,then Redhill,Gatwick Airport and Barnham!

From Maidstone West our train was running 9mins late with 9mins between trains if it were on time.

As it was 9mins late,we asked station manager at Maidstone West if our connecting train could be held,and he said,its Southern and we are South Eastern so they wont hold!
So getting towards Tonbridge it looked promising we might actually make it,but then we got held outside Tonbridge station and missed our forwarding train.
We spoke to station manager at Tonbridge and said he had no phone call from Maidstone and we would have held it for the minute difference!
Bad case of no communication me thinks.
Still on the train from Gatwick to Barnham,then on to Bognor.
Hope it's a 313 lol.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
RTT tells me it's a 6min connection (55 to 01). That is still a valid connection, so your claim against SE is valid.

Chris217

You think common sense could have been used tbh for the sake of a minute,especially when our connecting train terminated at Rehill and departed 28mins after arrival.
Btw,I didnt get a 313 after all!

Veteran Member
You think common sense could have been used tbh for the sake of a minute,especially when our connecting train terminated at Rehill and departed 28mins after arrival.
Btw,I didnt get a 313 after all!
I agree, though it was actually (on the basis of RTT) 5-6 minutes: even with a 6min late start it should have made Redhill with +3 and only marginally delayed one other train.

Chris217

Had 313202 yesterday.
Large mileage....
Bognor Regis to Barnham lol.
Wasnt a winner though!

Status
Not open for further replies.