• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Missing engineering work on VT & NRE sites 1 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvboy

Established Member
Virgin Trains printed timetable shows at 2230 and 2330 departure from Euston to Wolverhampton on Monday-Friday evenings. I have a season ticket I intended to use on the former of these services on 1st June, from Birmingham International (0021 on 2/6) to Wolverhampton.

I thought I'd check the times on Real Time Trains at BHI and WVH because it being late night sometimes the times vary because of engineering work, and I find them both terminating at Birmingham New Street instead.

There is no mention of this on the Virgin website or National Rail enquiries, they only state that the 2145 from Euston runs via Northampton and then later than timetabled, and that the 0500 from Wolves in the morning starts at BHM instead.

Say I had not checked RTT, and relied on the printed timetable and the VT & NRE engineering work websites alone, I would not have been aware of this until I got to BHI and find I can only get as far as BHM - would VT be obliged to put on transport for me to WVH?

Should they be putting replacement transport between Birmingham and Wolverhampton anyway if they can't run the advertised service, and the next one is not for a good five hours?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.