• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MMI Hypothetical Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM3007

For the TOC I have applied to I have passed the DMI and have heard that besides the six questions you are required to write down for the MMI, there are also some hypothetical questions. doe's anyone have any examples of these it will be much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twotwo

If you sow a car accident what would you do?

If you sow anyone breaking the rules what would you do?

How did that make you feel x 10000000

Stigy

Established Member
I wasn’t asked any hypothetical questions for mine (that I recall). I assume it varies.

I certainly didn't have any hypothetical questions on my MMI - just the SJT beforehand and then the 6 questions

dabollicks

I got asked “if you saw a colleague was struggling with work, what would you do?” Not sure if that was the exact wording but it was certainly along those lines

I got asked “if you saw a colleague was struggling with work, what would you do?” Not sure if that was the exact wording but it was certainly along those lines

I was asked a very similar question to that in my DMI. Did they ask you it as one of your 6 questions or seperately?

Red1980

I thought these were the sort of questions you saw on those personality/SJ assessments? Didn't realise they were finding their way into competency based interviews now?

DM3007

Was about 15 minutes if memory serves me right
Cheers mate. I don't know whether to be brief in what I write down for the answers. Or explain everything and over do it! Did you just explain what the situation was in your answers and see what they asked you about them?

Robbie88

Cheers mate. I don't know whether to be brief in what I write down for the answers. Or explain everything and over do it! Did you just explain what the situation was in your answers and see what they asked you about them?
We were given around 20 mins. I put mine down as bullet points. Just made it easier to read and keep track of. We were given our sheets back so we could see our answers.

BTU

No need to give chapter and verse just the main points the interviewer then goes into detail to get the info from you based on your bullet points, when I did mine about 12 years ago there was myself and one other guy left and he did't finish answering the 6 questions as he was writing war and peace for every answer subsequently when the interviewer came back and noticed he was asked to bring his jacket and bag and was never seen again, I then had a chat with the interviewer and he told me they specifically don't want long answers as their job is to drill into your answers and get you to elaborate.

DM3007

No need to give chapter and verse just the main points the interviewer then goes into detail to get the info from you based on your bullet points, when I did mine about 12 years ago there was myself and one other guy left and he did't finish answering the 6 questions as he was writing war and peace for every answer subsequently when the interviewer came back and noticed he was asked to bring his jacket and bag and was never seen again, I then had a chat with the interviewer and he told me they specifically don't want long answers as their job is to drill into your answers and get you to elaborate.
Cheers mate this helps allot.

Status
Not open for further replies.