• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MMI or DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MatthewLdn

Thanks :) I've applied for Woking. Only waited three days for my phone call, longest three days ever though!

I know the feeling, I had my DMI last week and still waiting to hear back. Funnily enough, I had the same question as you too!

Tolabear

I got my MMI tomorrow, bricking it but don’t really know why, I hope I find out whether I pass or fail on the same day...

for the DMI I had to wait 10 days to find out but that was on the 6th so looks like they have been busy in HR...

jbeard

I got my MMI tomorrow, bricking it but don’t really know why, I hope I find out whether I pass or fail on the same day...

for the DMI I had to wait 10 days to find out but that was on the 6th so looks like they have been busy in HR...
Good luck for tomorrow! Let us know how you get on with it :)

DriverGB

Hi jbeard,

Firstly congrats on passing your DMI, I wanted to know how long you DMI took?

DriverGB

Correct, however the MMI will involve the interviewer digging more deeply into the answers you provided before the interview.

Had mine 4 hours ago, luckily I passed even I though I thought i failed. I have a medical tomorrow at 10:00am. They must need to fill that course up ASAP. It starts on the 2nd if March for Waterloo.

Hey Craig,

So on the day of your MMI they told you that the course would start for Waterloo on the 2nd of March?

Hey Craig,

So on the day of your MMI they told you that the course would start for Waterloo on the 2nd of March?

Hey, sorry for the delay.

I had my MMI at 09:00am Thursday, and they called me at 15:00 saying I passed and booked me on to a medical at 10:00am the next day.
I asked the HR Person when the next course would be and she said they are trying for the 2nd. Hence the quick turn around.

Last edited:

G30RG3

Hi Craig

Congratulations on your pass,

What TOC did you apply for?

Just curious as I also had a MMI last week. Currently waiting on a result.

Last edited:

DriverGB

Hey, sorry for the delay.

I had my MMI at 09:00am Thursday, and they called me at 15:00 saying I passed and booked me on to a medical at 10:00am the next day.
I asked the HR Person when the next course would be and she said they are trying for the 2nd. Hence the quick turn around.

Thank you for that.

G30RG3

Hey guys,

Congratulations to all who have passed it is a tough process so well done :)

I have a question as I am slightly confused with my application status.

Sat my exams last week for GWR driver talent pool (including the computer based tests) and was fortunate enough to get through therefore they took me straight through for an MMI all in the same day.

I received an email today informing that I have "completed the stage 2" and that the next stage of the process will be a "driver manager interview" for which I will be contacted in due course.

I'd just like to know if this is correct and what to expect as I didn't realise that there would be another interview process.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

PickleTree

Hey guys,

Sat my exams last week for GWR driver talent pool (including the computer based tests) and was fortunate enough to get through therefore they took me straight through for an MMI all in the same day.

I received an email today informing that I have "completed the stage 2" and that the next stage of the process will be a "driver manager interview" for which I will be contacted in due course.

I'd just like to know if this is correct and what to expect as I didn't realise that there would be another interview process.

This is correct, different TOC's do this differently but if you have already sat and completed the MMI then the DMI is likely to be the final stage before any medical/offer etc.

Liam00086

Hey guys,

Yes this is correct, all the tests/interviews so far are done by OPC, this is the first time you will meet someone from GWR, I say someone but there will be 2 people in the interview, they both have a booklet with loads of questions in and will Ask you them, things like what do you know about the company, why do you want to be a train driver, what skills do you think you have to be a driver (so research the company and the job) also there is a lot of competence questions like tell me a time you have delt with an emergency situation, when have you gone above and Beyond for a customer etc etc, also some form of the MMI questions ( they don’t want as much detail as the MMI tho) will probably be in there. there are a lot of threads on the type of questions you will be asked so i would have a little look for them. They will ask at the end if you have any questions so try and think of anything you might want to know. personally I found the 2 that interviewed me really good, they made me feel comfortable and it was more like a chat getting to know each other, as at least one of them will Be your boss If you are successful.
Good Luck stay calm and let us know how you got on.

Last edited:

G30RG3

Yes this is correct, all the tests/interviews so far are done by OPC, this is the first time you will meet someone from GWR, I say someone but there will be 2 people in the interview, they both have a booklet with loads of questions in and will Ask you them, things like what do you know about the company, why do you want to be a train driver, what skills do you think you have to be a driver (so research the company and the job) also there is a lot of competence questions like tell me a time you have felt with an emergency situation, when have you gone above and Beyond for a customer etc etc, also some form of the MMI questions ( they don’t want as much detail as the MMI tho) will probably be in there. there are a lot of threads on the type of questions you will be asked so i would have a little look for them. They will ask at the end if you have any questions so try and think of anything you might want to know. personally I found the 2 that interviewed me really good, they made me feel comfortable and it was more like a chat getting to know each other, as at least one of them will Be your boss If you are successful.
Good Luck stay calm and let us know how you got on.
This is really helpful, makes sense now. Thanks for the advice

Tolabear

A painful 9 days later and finally got a reply from my MMI, hope everyones only getting good news in this thread :]

thanks for everyones help, if anyone wants any advice i'm happy to answer in dms (SWR internal)

DA1

A painful 9 days later and finally got a reply from my MMI, hope everyones only getting good news in this thread :]

thanks for everyones help, if anyone wants any advice i'm happy to answer in dms (SWR internal)

Where did you apply for? I’m awaiting my DMI result for Waterloo after having my interview last week. I’ve done all other tests at another TOC so this is the final stage for me.

Tolabear

I applied for Wimbledon, they’re on a big driver recruiting spree atm and very low at Waterloo theirs been a class of 12 every month so far atm it looks like

DA1

I applied for Wimbledon, they’re on a big driver recruiting spree atm and very low at Waterloo theirs been a class of 12 every month so far atm it looks like

Let’s hope I hear soon then, I hate waiting! When do you start?

Tolabear

Let’s hope I hear soon then, I hate waiting! When do you start?

fingers crossed

looking to get me in on the May course, but being internal, They still need to put in a request for my manager to release me

DA1

fingers crossed

looking to get me in on the May course, but being internal, They still need to put in a request for my manager to release me

Thanks mate.

May would be good for me as well if I get through as I think I have a 4 week notice period but it might even be 6 weeks.

Good luck and hopefully I’ll see you there!

Cassy j

Hi guys,

Other operators usually have the mmi first and then the dmi?

But swr have the dmi first and then the mmi?

Is the mmi about the company etc and the dmi competency based name a time you have handled an emergency situation etc?

Also does the mmi dmi count as the 2 strike rule if you have passed the other assessments?

Help would be appreciated

DA1

Hi guys,

Other operators usually have the mmi first and then the dmi?

But swr have the dmi first and then the mmi?

Is the mmi about the company etc and the dmi competency based name a time you have handled an emergency situation etc?

Also does the mmi dmi count as the 2 strike rule if you have passed the other assessments?

Help would be appreciated

The MMI is part of the assessment process. This is the competency based interview and more formal as you have to hit criteria. This is part of the 2 strike rule.

The DMI is a mixture of company information and competency based interview. This is more relaxed and doesn’t count as part of the 2 strike rule.

Cassy j

The MMI is part of the assessment process. This is the competency based interview and more formal as you have to hit criteria. This is part of the 2 strike rule.

The DMI is a mixture of company information and competency based interview. This is more relaxed and doesn’t count as part of the 2 strike rule.

And swr do a dmi first and then mmi?

Status
Not open for further replies.