• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure that this may have been covered previously , but I am unable to find a definitive answer.

I am very excited to be through to the final interview stage ( MMI ) , and was thinking back to when I wrote the answers to the 6 or so questions that where presented right at the end of the assessment day . I understand that these will be used as the basis for my interview?

To be honest, I cant remember exactly what these where. I would have used genuine examples, so I know that once I see them again it will refresh my memory. My first question is, can I request a copy of my answers from HR before I have my interview. And secondly, Is it permissible and advisable to change one of my answers?
I feel that at least one of my answers was quite weak , I have since thought of a much stronger answer , one I can add more depth and detail too.

I would hate to fail at this late stage due to lack of preparation and a weak answer that I gave at the end of a very long challenging day .

Ant advice or insight greatly received .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
I changed my answers etc as one that I gave wasn't good enough so I had to think on the fly.

The interview is about communication and how your actions at the time were one thing but may have changed in hindsight. The interviewer will pull more in-depth answers from you and may lead the discussion elsewhere.

I wouldn't worry about. If a question comes up that you don't feel would be sufficient, then speak to the interviewer.

Hi! I had the Mmi a couple of weeks ago. The woman who did my interview had the questions and answers I filled in at the assessment day, the original sheet. She asked me the question and then read out my answer and then handed me the sheet over reach time to jog my memory.

There were no trick questions and as long as you explain each example clearly from beginning to end you'll be fine. I found out I passed very soon after and not just waiting to hear when I'll be going for a medical. Good luck!

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.

Very good advice, I think That I am probably over thinking it and worrying when really I just need to relax and make sure that I communicate well, and if I feel it necessary I will ask the Interviewer if they would like me to expand on any of my answers, or if they would like me to give other examples.

brightonjosh88 , good luck with your medical, keep us posted on how you get on.

That will be my next thing to focus on... How to loose the extra kilo's that I have put on eating all the Christmas food !

foot1efan

Hi! I had the Mmi a couple of weeks ago. The woman who did my interview had the questions and answers I filled in at the assessment day, the original sheet. She asked me the question and then read out my answer and then handed me the sheet over reach time to jog my memory.

There were no trick questions and as long as you explain each example clearly from beginning to end you'll be fine. I found out I passed very soon after and not just waiting to hear when I'll be going for a medical. Good luck!

Roughly how long was the answer you wrote down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

foot1efan

Im sure that this may have been covered previously , but I am unable to find a definitive answer.

I am very excited to be through to the final interview stage ( MMI ) , and was thinking back to when I wrote the answers to the 6 or so questions that where presented right at the end of the assessment day . I understand that these will be used as the basis for my interview?

To be honest, I cant remember exactly what these where. I would have used genuine examples, so I know that once I see them again it will refresh my memory. My first question is, can I request a copy of my answers from HR before I have my interview. And secondly, Is it permissible and advisable to change one of my answers?

I feel that at least one of my answers was quite weak , I have since thought of a much stronger answer , one I can add more depth and detail too.

I would hate to fail at this late stage due to lack of preparation and a weak answer that I gave at the end of a very long challenging day .

Ant advice or insight greatly received .

How long was your written answers roughly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greatkingrat

Established Member
The written answers are usually only a few sentences, it is just to give the interviewer an idea of what to expect so they can prepare a couple of follow up questions.

BaGz1885

I have my MMI on Thursday and was thinking the same thing as you VWCampervanman! I can't remember what I wrote either. I'm just trying to keep calm about it and do my best to communicate well on Thursday. Best of luck to you with yours

I have my MMI on Thursday and was thinking the same thing as you VWCampervanman! I can't remember what I wrote either. I'm just trying to keep calm about it and do my best to communicate well on Thursday. Best of luck to you with yours

Good luck to you, keep us posted on how it goes. Have you had your DMI yet ? I have had that and its the MMI next for me.

Yes I had my DMI before Christmas. It went really well so hopefully I can do the same Thursday

Fingers crossed we both make it through, If so I think we will both be on the same intake for training . I read on another post that you are applying for the same depot as myself.

Exciting times .

BaGz1885

Fingers crossed we both make it through, If so I think we will both be on the same intake for training . I read on another post that you are applying for the same depot as myself.

Exciting times .

Oh excellent mate. Well fingers crossed we both make it. I'm going to try and enjoy tomorrow and be myself. I'll let you know how it goes so hopefully it will give you some pointers for when you have yours

Oh excellent mate. Well fingers crossed we both make it. I'm going to try and enjoy tomorrow and be myself. I'll let you know how it goes so hopefully it will give you some pointers for when you have yours

Sounds like you are well prepared , and have the right attitude ! Im sure you will smash it .

I remember getting really stressed before my DMI ( which actually surprised me as I never get stressed about things ) My wife gave me a good bit of advice, the night before the interview , she told me not to do any more research, to chill out and get to bed early. All of which I did, I was up super early the next day , And actually arrived at Blackfriars 2 hours early... so I had a lovely breakfast and coffee whilst I relaxed before the interview.

Good luck , and be sure to let us know how you got on .

BaGz1885

Sounds like you are well prepared , and have the right attitude ! Im sure you will smash it .

I remember getting really stressed before my DMI ( which actually surprised me as I never get stressed about things ) My wife gave me a good bit of advice, the night before the interview , she told me not to do any more research, to chill out and get to bed early. All of which I did, I was up super early the next day , And actually arrived at Blackfriars 2 hours early... so I had a lovely breakfast and coffee whilst I relaxed before the interview.

Good luck , and be sure to let us know how you got on .

Hey guys, just got the call to say today's MMI was successful! So happy! Medical next week

froggie

hey bags did you have your mmi today and you got a reply all ready. what time was yours I had mine at 14.30 today

froggie

cheers bagz hope I hear tomorrow I had the same bloke who done my assessment day

Thats fantastic news BaGz , really pleased for you. Fingers crossed for you too Froggie,

Im hoping that I also have the same guy that I had the assessment day with, I found him very calm and precise, and always easier if you have met the interviewer previously .

froggie

yes I was quite pleased when he came out and called me gave me a bit of confidence.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
hi guys just got the call is passed and got medical next Friday and a start date for gillingham in February. Wow that moved quickly

BaGz1885

yes I was quite pleased when he came out and called me gave me a bit of confidence.
hi guys just got the call is passed and got medical next Friday and a start date for gillingham in February. Wow that moved quickly

Brilliant news Froggie. Well done mate. My start date is also February! Have you received your medical confirmation email yet? I've still not had mine

Thats fantastic news .... I hope to be joining you both at Gillingham soon as well !

froggie

hey bagz no they haven't sent it yet . I keep checking all day lol .when did you do your assessment day

BaGz1885

hey bagz no they haven't sent it yet . I keep checking all day lol .when did you do your assessment day

Hey Froggie, have now received details of medical. My assessment day was on 6th Dec. Have you a provisional date to start?

froggie

hi bagz yes not sure I think she said 27th of February she said will confirm once I passed medical I haven't had confirmation of medical yet though it's meant to be friday.
hi bagz when did you get your medical confirmation email

Sorry if this is a rather naïve question, but perhaps those that have been offered a role will know the answer: For the current Gillingham GTR recruitment, which routes do you expect to be signing, and using what traction?

GMT

Sorry if this is a rather naïve question, but perhaps those that have been offered a role will know the answer: For the current Gillingham GTR recruitment, which routes do you expect to be signing, and using what traction?

Perhaps this can help:
http://www.thameslinkrailway.com/your-journey/timetable-consultation/
Once opened, download the Timetable Consultation document.

As far as I know, north of Farringdon you use AC overhead power. South of it, you use the DC third rail. That may be one of the reasons why Thameslink requires an enhanced pass for the test.

BaGz1885

hi bagz yes not sure I think she said 27th of February she said will confirm once I passed medical I haven't had confirmation of medical yet though it's meant to be friday.
hi bagz when did you get your medical confirmation email

Nice one Froggie. Same date as me. I received medical information on Friday sent to my private email only.

froggie

hi bagz got my medical confirmation . it's on Friday in ec2 near Liverpool Street at 2.40

Status
Not open for further replies.