• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MNR Spring Diesel Gala 5-7 April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southwest

This, posted on MNR website a little earlier........

It is with regret that we have to advise that we are unable to get our Convoy off the East Lancs Railway and on to the MNR Gala. It has been confirmed that from Midnight 31/3/13, that the ELR Single line connection will be under a 9 day blockade by Network Rail. The organisers where unaware of this until 30/3/13, and have spend a considerable amount of time trying all avenues to resolve, unfortuantly and despite the best efforts of many people including West Coast Railways, it has not proved possible to resource a move before the blockade. In addition to this, 50026, which was part of another move will also no longer arrive in time for the gala

It is also with Huge disapointment we being you the news the D4 "Great Gable" has been withdrawn from the gala, as the owning group, who have made every effort to get the loco ready, have had to declare the loco Unfit for traffic.

Everyone involved is devastated by the news, and are sorry we are unable to bring you 4 out of the 5 advertised locomotives. We can assure you, that everything is being done to try and find alternative visitors, and any news will be updated here, on the forumns and our Facebook & Twitter pages.

I was going to go but the withdrawl of D4 and the 50 is a major factor in keeping me at home. I hope they do source some replacements and have a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.