• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mobile Interrail ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthetube

Established Member
Hi, and anyone tell me if an Interrail ticket can be downloaded onto more than one device.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

youngiecj

Sorry to hijack the thread, but the title was what I was going for.. Travelling to Porto tomorrow, my Dad has a 3 day Interrail Portugal Pass. Will he need to put all journeys into the app? As we will be "bashing" a lot hopping on and off etc.

rvdborgt

Sorry to hijack the thread, but the title was what I was going for.. Travelling to Porto tomorrow, my Dad has a 3 day Interrail Portugal Pass. Will he need to put all journeys into the app?
Yes, he will have to. Or if it's a paper pass, you can also use the paper "trip report" (now also called "My Trip").

dutchflyer

Established Member
InterRailGLOBAL-YES definitely-has to write every trip down. You CAN be considered as ´blackrider/fraudulent´ without it.
IR 1 COUNTRY-cannot, as there is no tripreport with it.
CP/Portugal also offers its own Portugal RailPass-for some better value, but foy dad likely of no use anymore.

peteb

InterRailGLOBAL-YES definitely-has to write every trip down. You CAN be considered as ´blackrider/fraudulent´ without it.
IR 1 COUNTRY-cannot, as there is no tripreport with it.
CP/Portugal also offers its own Portugal RailPass-for some better value, but foy dad likely of no use anymore.
Interesting, when I did a France IR 1 country in May 2019 my paper pass had a trip report so maybe they now think it's too much bother, as long as the date is inserted that's probably enough? The old France Vacances ticket simply had date boxes..

rvdborgt

Interesting, when I did a France IR 1 country in May 2019 my paper pass had a trip report so maybe they now think it's too much bother, as long as the date is inserted that's probably enough? The old France Vacances ticket simply had date boxes..
In the old days, there was no trip report with Eurodomino passes. That might still have been the case for a while after they were merged into Interrail. However, the one country passes have had trip reports for years now. It looks like it's been a while since @dutchflyer has seen a one country pass.

youngiecj

Thanks for all the replies, the app was surprisingly easy for my Dad to use (techno-phone) really recommend it. No issues with the guards either, apart from one. Although I suspect a lot of guards are currently seeing lots of Interrails in the Duoro Valley area and are used to them!

shredder1

Established Member
Ive just used my first interrail mobile ticket, I must say Im very impressed with how easy they are to use, even for a technophobe like me, you do however have to put your first journey in for the QR code to actually show, Id certainly never go back to Interrail paper tickets again. It even breaks down your usage of the ticket, 10 days travelling for me gave me,

Interrail stats,

Train mileage, 3.445 kilometres

Travelled on 31 trains

Visited 27 places

and spent 2 days, 7 hours and 55 minutes on trains in total

Last edited:

Mike99

This might sound daft, I can understand with an Interrail pass recording the journey, but presumably you write or record the boarding station and presumably leave the alighting point blank as you might make a change to your planned destination en-route Am I understanding this correctly?

rvdborgt

This might sound daft, I can understand with an Interrail pass recording the journey, but presumably you write or record the boarding station and presumably leave the alighting point blank as you might make a change to your planned destination en-route Am I understanding this correctly?
You can't leave your destination blank. What you can do, when you change your mind, is to delete your journey and add a new one with your new plan.

shredder1

Established Member

Yes you have the option, basically it will find the train you are on, so you can save it, if you changed your mind, just put where you have alighted, no one asked to see that information anyway

Mike99

You can't leave your destination blank. What you can do, when you change your mind, is to delete your journey and add a new one with your new plan.
Thanks for that info

Yes you have the option, basically it will find the train you are on, so you can save it, if you changed your mind, just put where you have alighted, no one asked to see that information anyway
Thanks for the info

Capybara

I think that probably answers my question which is: will it allow you to enter a train which, in theory, is in the past? I use Interrail for flexibility so have often made connections which are impossible according to timetables because a train is running late. Easy with a paper ticket but will the mobile one allow it?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I think that probably answers my question which is: will it allow you to enter a train which, in theory, is in the past? I use Interrail for flexibility so have often made connections which are impossible according to timetables because a train is running late. Easy with a paper ticket but will the mobile one allow it?
Apparently there is a way of manually adding trains which aren't shown in the journey planner. Whether that manual input prevents you from entering trains in the past (as is the case on many journey planners as you say)... I don't know.

MisterT

Apparently there is a way of manually adding trains which aren't shown in the journey planner.
Yes, it's pretty straightforward. Just plan your journey, and then scroll down (if necessary) to the option 'Add it manually'. It will then ask for the details of the journey and you can enter it manually.
It is also possible to change the journey or add trains after the departure time, so that shouldn't be an issue.

What I have done in the past with the mobile pass is simply plan all trains in the journey separately. Just add all possible trains to the Trip (for example with short and long connections) or even completely different (conflicting) journeys on the same day, and just delete/change the ones you don't need/want once you are onboard or made a choice. It's really easy to use in my opinion.

Last edited:

rvdborgt

Sure it will. You can even modify travel days that are in the past.
The one thing that it won't do is add 2 journeys to your pass that overlap in time, e.g. if you make a connection with a late running train that should normally not be possible. You can go around that by adding one of the overlapping journeys manually but I'd rather have a warning and then confirm that I really want to add an overlapping journey. I proposed that but the app team doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about it.

Mike99

Ive just used my first interrail mobile ticket, I must say Im very impressed with how easy they are to use, even for a technophobe like me, you do however have to put your first journey in for the QR code to actually show, Id certainly never go back to Interrail paper tickets again. It even breaks down your usage of the ticket, 10 days travelling for me gave me,

Interrail stats,

Train mileage, 3.445 kilometres

Travelled on 31 trains

Visited 27 places

and spent 2 days, 7 hours and 55 minutes on trains in total
I've just ordered my first interrail ticket for next spring, can I ask, would you be able to just in outline form quote which journeys you made? No offence taken if you would rather not, obviously what is private to you is fair enough.

Capybara

Sure it will. You can even modify travel days that are in the past.
The one thing that it won't do is add 2 journeys to your pass that overlap in time, e.g. if you make a connection with a late running train that should normally not be possible. You can go around that by adding one of the overlapping journeys manually but I'd rather have a warning and then confirm that I really want to add an overlapping journey. I proposed that but the app team doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about it.
Ah. That was what I was really asking about. But at least it allows it so that is good.

shredder1

Established Member
I've just ordered my first interrail ticket for next spring, can I ask, would you be able to just in outline form quote which journeys you made? No offence taken if you would rather not, obviously what is private to you is fair enough.

Yes of course, if you follow my logs in travelers tales, Ive listed my journeys there

MisterT

The one thing that it won't do is add 2 journeys to your pass that overlap in time,
I'm not sure if I understand correctly what you're saying, but I can add two conflicting journeys to a trip without issue. I just tried it and it works fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.