• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mobile Ticket apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was my first day out on the trains in a while.
Seeing lots of people on Northern Trains using mobile app for tickets.
I'm going to try and use the app on my next travels. One question does the northern app allow you to buy and use other operators mobile tickets? Or do you need separate apps for each.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Yesterday was my first day out on the trains in a while.
Seeing lots of people on Northern Trains using mobile app for tickets.
I'm going to try and use the app on my next travels. One question does the northern app allow you to buy and use other operators mobile tickets? Or do you need separate apps for each.
Apps should allow purchase of tickets for other operators in the same way that websites do. I am not aware of any that do not.

Gricer99

My Northern App regularly fails to find the services to sell tickets for. Its rubbish.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Apps should allow purchase of tickets for other operators in the same way that websites do. I am not aware of any that do not.

Some don't do M-tickets, which means they can only do "collect a paper ticket" for e.g. Scotrail and Southeastern.

M-tickets are rubbish, though, so maybe this is a good thing :)

setdown

I’d always keep two apps on your phone, so that you can compare fares for the same trains. I used to swear by the Transpennine app, but they’re missing a lot of the cheaper “evening-out” fares on South Western, despite those fares showing on Trainline and the SWR app!

Status
Not open for further replies.