• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Monument Lane closure: attempted cable theft

Oxfordblues

I can't find a thread for this, but it appears that New Street - Soho South Jn via Monument Lane is closed due to "attempted cable theft" with trains diverted via Perry Barr. I wonder if any readers can provide more information please and if possible an estimate for reopening?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve Harris

I can't find a thread for this, but it appears that New Street - Soho South Jn via Monument Lane is closed due to "attempted cable theft" with trains diverted via Perry Barr. I wonder if any readers can provide more information please and if possible an estimate for reopening?
I think you are referring to this article which was reported on the BBC yesterday.

Attempted cable theft disrupts rail services

Services between Wolverhampton and and Birmingham have fully resumed after an attempted signalling cable theft on Friday.

West Midlands Railway said at about 15:00 BST its services had resumed but warned of some delays.

Earlier National Rail said trains running on routes between Birmingham New Street and Wolverhampton would run at reduced speeds.
I'm guessing it's still ongoing.

takno

Established Member
Yes, I see. Perhaps they're being talked past red signals as every one is losing time.
Looks like the London services are going round, but stuff which needs to be on the B end of the station is getting talked through a red at Soho South. That's the boundary between the Stour Valley and New Street workstations as well. Looks like the New Street workstation signals are operating fine, but possibly that the headcodes are having to be manually set up again. I can't imagine operating it is much fun today.