• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

moor st loco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Tyseley Locomotive Works were involved in the restoration of the old GWR station at Moor Street to bring it back into passenger use over the course of the last ten years, so in 2003 GWR 2800 class 2885 was cosmetically restored and moved to Moor Street station to mark their involvement with the project and to give a bit of publicity for Tyseley Loco Works.

http://www.shakespeareexpress.com/tlw/2885_moor_street.htm

It's currently owned by the GWR Preservation Group, although they are apparently offering it for sale at the moment. The history of the loco and soem details of its' sale can be found here:
http://www.gwrpg.co.uk/2011/08/for-sale-collett-class-2884-gwr-heavy-goods-locomotive/

Thanks sprinterguy.

Personally I can't see the logic behind cutting off a perfectly usable platform from the line, and stranding a loco on it :(

NIMBUS

Personally I can't see the logic behind cutting off a perfectly usable platform from the line, and stranding a loco on it :(

Cost! Until there is a pressing need for another platform it seems a perfectly pleasant way of filling the space (as long as the weeds are kept down!). Bringing a platform up to current HSE standards etc is not cheap and if capacity projections don't need it then it won't get reinstated for the sake of it.

junglejames

Established Member
I find the loco sitting there adds something different. Moor St is a very pleasant station, and would be worse off without the resident loco.

Status
Not open for further replies.