• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Moorgate as a London Terminal when travelling on Thameslink Northern Route (Bedford/Luton)

greyman42

Established Member
Which gateline are you referring to here? There's a small gateline at the Broadgate side (within the Moorgate footprint), but otherwise you walk over to the "main" Liverpool Street LU gateline to get to the mainline terminus (through which you'd have to go through gatelines again to get to P1-17).
I did not realise you could get to the main Liverpool St. gateline when coming of the Elizabeth line. I thought the only exit was the one shown in #30.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I did not realise you could get to the main Liverpool St. gateline when coming of the Elizabeth line. I thought the only exit was the one shown in #30.
The one shown in my post #30 is one of the exits you can use when using the Elizabeth line low level platforms - indeed it's the first you reach in the long corridor from the platforms. But there is also direct access to the other Underground platforms without needing to go through any barriers.

To get between the Liz line LL and Liverpool St 'mainline' platforms you have to go through two sets of barriers: one set to get out of the Liz line/Tube paid area, and another to enter the mainline platforms. There's no direct access between the two behind the barriers

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

Continue on straight, past the Central line then turn left and you're at the "main" Underground gateline.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I didn't know there is a separate entrance/exit!