• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Morayshire Photo Charter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathonAG

Hey all,

A little trip to Bo'ness today, but not for anything normal. Today is Father's Day as you all know, and so the SRPS held it's usual Sunday Gala with LNER D49 No. 246 "Morayshire" handling the trains, stock being the two Thompson Teaks, and two Mark 1's.
However, we're talking boys with toys here, as rostered fireman for today, Lee Sutherland and his crew of John Leggat and Chris Lothian, thought it would be nice to take the Shire and two Teaks up the branch for a series of photographic run pasts before services began. This is a regular occurance with Lee and Chris, their enthisiasm never seems to wain and they always go that extra mile to enjoy themselves, doing many of these fun charters! Having been invited along for this one, I joined photographer Ian Lothian....a name I'm sure most of you will be aware of, and Lee for taking photos at a few locations on the run to Birkhill. Luckily we caught most of the good sun, with a departure of 9.10am from Bo'ness....and was a very enjoyable way to start the day!:

y6iy62.jpg

y6iy6s.jpg

y6iy6d.jpg

y6iy6x.jpg

Much more from today are here, with more information : http://jonathonag.fotopic.net/c1528817.html

I have to say, it was great to go along for this, and has been one of my greatest times spent at Bo'ness.....today really shows that even if you're railway isn't over 4 miles long...as long as you have enthusiasm in it, you know how to make things turn out great!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.