• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More G4S bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_mac

Established Member
We know that their railway staff have limited ticket knowledge, but it seems that their cricket staff are just as ignorant!

Mr Lloyd, 64, who was at the match as part of the Sky Sports commentary team, had just entered the Members' Bar when he was stopped by stewards working for security firm G4S.

A LCCC spokesman confirmed that the former England coach - an LCCC life member - was then forcibly removed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14751728

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
G4S have many divisions, from other companies that they have taken over. To quote this isolated incident regarding the division that provides stewarding facilities in a cricketing context, when security for the Indian cricket team is paramount, where no ID was shown, is meaningless. As usual, the BBC see fit to provide sensationalism mixed with sarcasm as a story line. The David Lloyd who played for both Lancashire and England does not resemble his current facial visage in any way whatsoever. If he was on media reporting duties, he would have been issued with the correct media pass,

G4S had three of their operatives killed recently whilst acting in a security position in the recent suicide bombing of an embassy that was reported in the media in somewhat different terms to the one that your link to a BBC news web site shows.

There is a division of G4S that specifically employs Gurkha soldiers who have completed their service term in special protection duties for diplomats that receives very little media comment, but does not mean that these ex-soldiers are any less professional than they were when in their military service.

class156

When I was at Model Rail Scotland in February we were at the entrance to the exhibition and my mum asked for "two adults and a child please". The man at the counter then proceeded to give her a ticket for one adult, she then pointed out that she had asked for two adults and a child, he then gave my mum tickets for one adult and one child. My mum again had to point out that she had asked for two adults and a child. Then the ticket salesman finally gave my mum what she had asked for, after two attempts. After handing us the tickets he never even apologized for his mistake.

Established Member
The two G4S operatives did not confirm to established protocols that apply to the G4S contract and were dismissed. The report states that G4S currently apply 70,000 electronic tags a year on behalf of the Ministry of Justice.

Just how though, how did they miss a false leg??!? Brill :lol:

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Not usually keen on G4S - with one exception. My dealings with their airport security staff have always been excellent, particularly Manchester (T1) and Amsterdam Schipol - so there are some good people amongst the bad.

Whistler40145

Established Member
I was appalled by the ejection of David Lloyd from the LCCC Members Bar. If Bumble acts the same in public as on Sky Sports Commentary, then he wouldn't hurt a fly! In fact, he's an absolute crackpot!

schwa

When I was at Model Rail Scotland in February we were at the entrance to the exhibition and my mum asked for "two adults and a child please". The man at the counter then proceeded to give her a ticket for one adult, she then pointed out that she had asked for two adults and a child, he then gave my mum tickets for one adult and one child. My mum again had to point out that she had asked for two adults and a child. Then the ticket salesman finally gave my mum what she had asked for, after two attempts. After handing us the tickets he never even apologized for his mistake.

That's a new one.. G4S doing ticketing for model railway shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.