• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Most consecutive stations visited on one line (or with just one omission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisky Papa

I have visited every station on the Manchester to Bradford line -Except Mytholmroyd.
Also every station on the Manchester Huddersfield line -Except Miles platting[Even though I lived there at the time.
What's wrong wi' Royd:D? Not surprisingly given where I've lived for many years, I've also used all the Calder Valley stations between Manchester Victoria and Leeds at some point - except relative newcomer Low Moor, for which I've not found a valid use yet. There has nearly always been a hostelry involved, apart from Smithy Bridge: I've only used it a couple of times to get to work in the Manchester area after leaving my car for service at a nearby garage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

unlevel42

Can you start back before Picc? Oxford Road Deansgate etc?
And perhaps you meant Heaton Chapel?
Yes it was Heaton Chapel-my mistake.
Thinking that the thread was referring to a route I did indeed miss out on Eccles, Deansgate and Oxford Road and except for Patricroft and Runcorn East it would be all stations to Bodorgan.

What's wrong wi' Royd:D? Not surprisingly given where I've lived for many years, I've also used all the Calder Valley stations between Manchester Victoria and Leeds at some point - except relative newcomer Low Moor, for which I've not found a valid use yet. There has nearly always been a hostelry involved, apart from Smithy Bridge: I've only used it a couple of times to get to work in the Manchester area after leaving my car for service at a nearby garage.
Pre covid:
Low Moor has two pubs at the station entrance The Black Horse Inn (Sam Smiths) and The George Hotel(Tetley)
500 yds Chapel House(Greene King). Then lastly the Royal Hotel and back to the station.
A 1.5 mile round walk
Remember to read the evacuation notices at the station in case the siren sounds.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with Royd, Its just not a station I have used on that line. I will one day so I can say I have used it- I'll do Low moor whilst I'm up there- Like yourself a few pubs will be called at along the way.

Dr_Paul

Established Member
Waterloo to Waterloo via Teddington: I'm pretty sure that over the years I've alighted from or boarded a train at all 20 stations on this route.

nw1

Established Member
Thanks for clarifying. This does then beg the question as to whether this is "one line" as such? Must be a few intermediate changes of train required en route?

As the OP I can confirm that is fine.

PeterY

Established Member
I've at some point in my life ( I live in Hemel Hempstead) got off or on every station from London Euston to Crewe (via Trent valley) and as we allowed to skip a station, it must be Polesworth.

CaptainBen

I think the best I can do is 15, being Moorgate - Gordon Hill and everything in between. If you count the Tube, the entire Victoria line (16) and most of the Piccadilly, though I'm struggling to work out exactly what the longest 'continuous' list is.

I might be able to manage more than 15 on the pre-Metrolink Mid-Cheshire line, since I've been everywhere from Knutsford to Piccadilly/Oxford Road at some point at least.

Mikey C

Established Member
On the Thameslink service from Luton to Rainham, I would have used all the station between Hendon and Woolwich Arsenal, that's 16

With one omission (Mill Hill) I can add three more up to St Albans City, making 19

Plus before the current service ran, I've used both Kings Cross Thameslink and Holborn Viaduct ;)
Having recently used Plumstead station, that's 18 stations (Hendon to Abbey Wood)!

Basil Jet

On Moderation
If you're allowed to include arriving by car, looking around and leaving by car, I've visited nearly all of the stations southeast of a line from Barton On Humber to Severn Beach.

gg1

Established Member
Not as impressive as some of the others, the best I've managed is 13 in a row from Bromsgrove to Erdington.

Admittedly there is a slight cheat here as I've discounted Duddeston, my justification being not all Cross City line services call there

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I can trace a line from Oban to Glasgow & thence to Muir of Ord via any route with only one exception Kintore.

Once I visit Conon Bridge that run can extend to Helmsdale.

Alternatively heading south from Glasgow & travelling via Carlisle (WCM or GSW) i can reach Corbridge, Skipton (excluding Dent), & Warrington Bank Quay.

Well that's Kintore & Conon Bridge chalked off.

Gathursty

Established Member
I can vividly remember using a train and getting on/off/changing at this combination:

Maryport
Aspatria
Wigton
Dalston
Carlisle
Penrith
Oxenholme Lake District
Carnforth
Lancaster
Preston
Leyland
Euxton Balshaw Lane
Wigan North Western
Ince
Hindley
Westhoughton
Bolton
Moses Gate
Farnworth
Kearsley
Clifton
Salford Crescent
Deansgate
Oxford Road
Manchester Piccadilly
Levenshulme
Heaton Chapel
Stockport
Cheadle Hulme

Last edited:

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
When photographing the Northwest electrification progress I did:
Blackpool North
Layton
Poulton-le-Fylde
Kirkham and Wesham
Salwick
Preston
Buckshaw Parkway
Chorley
Adlington
Blackrod
Horwich Parkway
Lostock
Bolton
Farnworth
Moses Gate
Kearsley
Clifton
Salford Crescent

18 - actually did Oxford Road and Picadilly too

Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
When photographing the Northwest electrification progress I did:
Blackpool North
Layton
Poulton-le-Fylde
Kirkham and Wesham
Salwick
Preston
Buckshaw Parkway
Chorley
Adlington
Blackrod
Horwich Parkway
Bolton
Farnworth
Moses Gate
Salford Crescent

15 - actually did Oxford Road and Picadilly too
Doesn't that listing miss out more than one intermediate station, i.e. Leyland, Lostock, Kearsley and Clifton? And possibly Deansgate.

Thought only one omission was allowed, as per the thread title.

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Doesn't that listing miss out more than one intermediate station, i.e. Leyland, Lostock, Kearsley and Clifton? And possibly Deansgate.

Thought only one omission was allowed, as per the thread title.
Never called at Leland on that scheme but have in the past. Also Deansgate but have in the past. Yes you are correct also called at Lostock Kearsley and Clifton. I will edit my post thanks.

NewClee153

Every station between Landywood - Birmingham New Street/Walsall to Wolverhampton, every station from Whitlocks End/Dorridge to Kidderminster and every station between Birmingham New Street and Rugby

imagination

15 for me:

Slough
Burnham
Taplow
Maidenhead
Twyford
Reading
Reading West
Theale
Aldermaston
Midgham
Thatcham
Newbury Racecourse
Newbury
Kintbury
Hungerford

I want to do a walk from Pewsey to Bedwyn at some point which would (making cheeky use of the Frome avoider but not the Westbury one) enable this to be extended to Taunton, skipping Bruton, for a total of 20.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Definitely the northern 16 of the WCML for me:

Glasgow Central
Cambuslang
Uddingston
Motherwell
Shieldmuir
Carluke
Carstairs
Lockerbie
Carlisle
Penrith
Oxenholme
Lancaster
Preston
Leyland
Wigan NW
Warrington BQ

Requeststop

Well I've been to every station in the country, by train of course... so unless that XC service from Aberdeen to Penzance calls at more stations, joint winner! :D
sadly - It's only Aberdeen to Plymouth these days.

How about Merseyrail circulars Ellesmere Port to Ellesmere Port or Chester to Chester? - Both 33 stops.

But I seem to recall the Penzance-Milford Haven Service from not too many years back. I don't have the timetable handy for that service and I'm sure in South Wales there are a few New stations built since the service was withdrawn but....... Counting on the New Adelstrop Railway map with current stations I have - 70 stops not including the infamous Pilning. The OP did say maybe missing one station so......71.

Route115?

The only station I can't remember using in LUL Zone 1 in the last 45 years is Bayswater, though that may be memory failure. So you could say 25 - Edgware Rd to Notting Hill Gate, or 26 if you count Bayswater as Omitted. Can I count stations multiple times on the days (rather few these days but it has happened) that the Circle line operates?

When I was young the London Underground Railway Society had a tour where we got off at each station between Acton Town & Heathrow Central to look at the station architecture. Or is that cheating?

Tracked

Established Member
On one line: Sheffield to Wakefield Kirkgate (8)

Most consecutive: Edale to Melton Mowbray, via Doncaster & Peterborough (20)

birchesgreen

Established Member
Every station on the Cross City Line

Every station on the North Downs Line

Every station on the Birmingham-Hereford

Every Snow Hill Line station except Old Hill

Every Chiltern Main Line station

Every WCML station between Acton Bridge and Tring

Every station on the Merseyrail Wirral Line

Every station on the Derby-Stoke Line

Every station on the Derwent Valley Line and Derby-Notts

Every station on the Stourbridge Branch Line :lol:

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
ECML-wise I've visited every single one between Pegswood and Kings Cross.

Glasgow to Euston I unfortunately still need to visit Carstairs, Acton Bridge, Polesworth and Atherstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.